This Instant Pot Chicken Breast is incredibly tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. Learn how to make the best pressure cooker chicken breast ready in just 20 minutes, that’s perfect for meal prep.
When it comes to quick meals, the Instant Pot may be one of the best cooking utensils. Popular cooking utensils have become a must-have in any kitchen because it tenderizes the meat and makes creamy soups and stews in minutes.
The best part? Throw all the ingredients in the pot and let it cook your meals to perfection.
Why Are You Going To Love This Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
This easy instant pot chicken breast recipe is the best base for many different recipes you can make for lunch or dinner. It’s always a great idea to have your protein ready for a busy weeknight.
- Super tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned.
- Versatile – can be incorporated into so many recipes.
- Use fresh or frozen chicken breast.
- Quick and easy way to cook chicken breast in just 10 minutes.
- Great for meal prep
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Ingredients
Cooking chicken in an instant pot is super simple, and it always turns out juicy and tender. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this
Cooking chicken in an instant pot is super simple, and it always turns out juicy and tender. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy instant pot recipe:
- Chicken Breast – Use any boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You need to know that the size of the chicken breast will determine the cooking time. Fresh or frozen!
- Italian Seasoning – I like the flavor of homemade Italian Seasoning, but store-bought will also work.
- Garlic Powder – this is one of my favorite seasonings for this chicken recipe, but you can use onion powder or your favorite seasoning.
- Smoked Paprika – This ingredient gives the dish color and a strong smoky flavor. You can use chili powder or regular paprika.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste, but you can also add your favorite seasonings, like as dry herbs.
- Olive Oil – helps the seasonings stick to the chicken.
- Chicken Broth – you can replace it with water, but chicken broth adds extra flavor to the chicken.
How To Make Juicy Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
Here is everything you have to do to make this super moist and juicy chicken breast in the instant pot:
- Start by mixing your seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Then add the chicken to a bowl, spread all the seasoning mixture generously, and mix until each piece of chicken breast is well coated.
- Add the chicken stock into the instant pot, then place the trivet. Close the instant pot lid after placing the chicken breasts on the trivet.
- Set the valve to sealing and cook for 8 minutes on Manual/High Pressure in the Instant Pot.
- When the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before. Do a quick release and open the lid. Save the stock and make a delicious gravy.
Tips For Making The Best Instant Pot Chicken
- Save the liquid from the bottom of your instant pot to make a delicious and savory homemade chicken broth or gravy.
- Brush with homemade barbeque sauce once done cooking.
- You can sear the chicken breast for more flavor.
- Add at least 1 cup of liquid into the instant pot, no matter what your instant pot size is.
- If you don’t have a trivet, simply place the chicken breast into the liquid and cook as written in the recipe below.
How To Serve
I like to serve these chicken breasts right out of the pot with my favorite dipping sauces, but if you want a complete meal, here are some great ideas for side dishes that pair perfectly with this chicken breast:
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Creamed Spinach And Mushrooms
- Zucchini Casserole
- Turnip Au Gratin
- Fridge: you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for five days.
- Freezer: you can also store the leftovers in a freezer in a freezer-safe container for up to two months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot?
Although the cooking time is 8 minutes for regular-sized chicken breasts, I recommend setting it according to the size of the chicken breast. For example, add 2 minutes to the cooking time if your chicken breasts are larger (up to 12 ounces). Chicken is safe to consume when it reaches a 165F internal temperature.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken In An Instant Pot?
Of course, this is another thing I love about this instant pot. I often forgot to take the meat out of the freezer. Since I have this pot, this is no longer a problem. The only difference is that frozen chicken will take longer to preheat and cook. It should take about 10 to 12 minutes to cook frozen chicken breasts.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Juicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Pour the chicken broth into the instant pot and place the trivet.
- Season the chicken breast with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. You can also use chicken seasoning.
- Place the chicken on top of the trivet in a single layer. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Select Instant Pot to “Manual/High Pressure” for 8 minutes or 10 minutes for frozen chicken breast.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure cooker release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, turn the valve to venting to release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken breasts. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.