This keto pie crust with coconut flour is extremely easy to make, super buttery, and low-carb. It’s the perfect grain-free crust to use for sweet or savory recipes. Just 7 ingredients are needed for this nut-free pie crust!
The recipe for keto pie crust is the best for a keto pumpkin pie or keto pecan pie to enjoy for the holidays. This recipe is family-approved (like most of my recipes) because they always eat what I cook. We are not fans of wasting food.
- Why is this keto pie crust the best?
- Ingredients for Coconut Flour Keto Pie Crust
- How to make a keto pie crust with coconut flour?
- Should I Blind Bake the Pie Crust?
- Can I make a Dairy Free Low Carb Pie Crust?
- How Many Carbs Are in Keto Pie Crust?
- Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Perfect Keto Pie Crust – Coconut Flour Low-Carb Pie Crust
Why is this keto pie crust the best?
It’s the best crust replacement for any classic wheat crust:
- it’s buttery
- easy to make
- perfect for both sweet or savory pies such as salamon quiche or vegetable tart.
- it’s nut free because it’s made only with coconut flour, so if you have a nut allergy this will be your go-to pie crust.
Does it taste like coconut? Absolutely not! You can’t taste the coconut flour in this grain-free pie crust. Baking with coconut flour might seem complicated and expensive, but in fact, it’s effortless and budget-friendly.
I love using coconut flour in keto baked goods because it’s very low in carbs and cheaper than almond flour. You can use this keto pie crust to make savory meals by eliminating the sweetener and vanilla.
Ingredients for Coconut Flour Keto Pie Crust
Here are the seven ingredients you will need to make a delicious coconut flour pie crust, insanely delicious that holds together and it’s fantastic for keto pumpkin pie or any low carb pie:
- Cold Butter – Use cold butter straight from the refrigerator. Softened, room temperature butter works too, but the dough will be a little more crumbly and harder (not impossible) to spread in the pie pan. The result after baking: in taste and texture seems pretty similar to me.
- Coconut flour – Use a superfine flour. I love to buy it in bulk because of the cheaper price.
- Olive Oil – Adding oil prevents the dough from becoming too dry.
- Sweetener – to replace real sugar in this keto pie crust I used Erythritol that has no aftertaste, and it’s very low in carbs.
- Salt – I love to use a small amount of salt in desserts because it brings out all the flavors.
- Eggs – They help bind all the ingredients together and add moisture for the coconut flour.
- Vanilla Extract – For me is an essential ingredient, and I add it to all my keto desserts (even the chocolate ones) because it gives a subtle vanilla flavor that I love.
How to make a keto pie crust with coconut flour?
Once you have all the ingredients it’s time to learn how to make the keto dough for the pie crust. This pie crust is perfect in terms of consistency, thickness, it’s crispy and flaky. Here’s how to make it:
- I love to use a food processor (I got one as a gift last Christmas) but you can use a mixer to combine all the ingredients together. Start by combining the eggs with the sweetener, olive oil, and sweetener, vanilla extract in the food processor.
- Add the coconut flour and blend well.
- Incorporate the cold butter into the coconut flour pie crust dough until it comes together in a bowl.
- Using your hands, gently press the dough down in the dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges have a golden color.
Should I Blind Bake the Pie Crust?
Blind baking means to partially bake the pie crust before adding any filling. This process makes the crust crispy and flaky. I love to blind bake the crust to prevent the pie from having a moist crust. We don’t want that.
Can I make a Dairy Free Low Carb Pie Crust?
Yes, if you replace the butter with a dairy-free alternative. In fact, you can use any oil you prefer, such as coconut, ghee, olive, or avocado oil. You may need to grease your pan well to prevent the crust from sticking.
How Many Carbs Are in Keto Pie Crust?
Believe it or not, this recipe is very low in carbs and calories. I cut mine into eight huge servings. You can definitely cut it into 12 pieces. Here are the macros for 1/8 of this recipe:
- 3g net carbs
- 197 calories
- 16g fat
- 3g protein
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Perfect Keto Pie Crust – Coconut Flour Low-Carb Pie Crust
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup butter cold
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- In a food processor bowl add the eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, erythritol, salt. Blend for about one minute or until it looks frothy.
- Add in the coconut flour and blend again for 30 seconds.
- Add the cubed butter and pulse until well incorporated. It should start looking like a crumbled dough ball.
- Press the dough into the pie pan using your hands. Use a fork to poke holes into the bottom of the crust.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until it looks golden. You can cover the edges with foil to prevent them from burning.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
Hi! I was looking for a crust for Quiche, sorry this is putting itself on caps lol but looks like the coconut flour would be sweet enough without the sUgar and vanilla?
This crust is definitely good for a keto quiche if you don’t add the sweetener and vanilla.
Can you add cocoa powder to this and use it with your French Silk Pie recipe? I am trying to make a nut free crust for that pie, but still include that chocolatey goodness!
Yes, you can definitely use this coconut flour crust to make keto silk pie. Make sure you have about 1 cup of total coconut flour and cocoa powder. Hope this helps/
Says 8 ingredients. I only counted 7 ingredients. Am I missing something? Thanks!
I counted wrong. Sorry, only 7 ingredients to make this keto coconut flour pie crust.
Made this crust,very easy, made bottom and one for the top.