These are the best keto double chocolate muffins you’ll ever make. Incredibly chocolatey, moist yet fluffy with crispy tops. Enjoy scrumptious low carb muffins that look and taste just like the ones you can find in the bakeries.
You are going to love these Paleo Chocolate Muffins, which are only 3g net carbs and are perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
Easy to make in under 30 minutes, these muffins are extremely tasty, and my favorite gluten-free muffins of all-time, although I can’t deny that I also love a good keto blueberry muffin or my low carb pumpkin muffins.
Ingredients for Keto Double Chocolate Muffins
These perfectly moist and rich muffins need only a few low carb ingredients. All the ingredients are grain-free and sugar-free.
In this recipe, I also experimented with a different gluten-free flour: golden flaxseed meal, and I’m impressed.
Here are all the ingredients needed:
- large eggs
- almond flour – I highly recommend using super-fine almond flour that’s made by grinding up blanched almonds (skins removed). You will get a much lighter, fluffier texture with a less grainy taste in the final chocolate muffins.
- golden flaxseed meal or coconut flour
- Powdered Sweetener -I used my favorite Erythritol and Monk Fruit Sweetener that has no after-taste, and it’s zero carbs ( (Use “LOWCARBSPARK10” at checkout for 10% discount).
- cocoa powder
- espresso powder – This one is optional, but I highly recommend it as it enhances and intensifies the chocolate taste
- unsalted butter or coconut oil*
- whipping cream or coconut cream
How to Make Keto Chocolate Muffins
Well, these gluten-free chocolate muffins are easy to make in just one bowl.
You can watch the step-by-step video I made to see exactly how easy it is to make these scrumptious muffins and what’s the texture of the batter before baking.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sweetener and a pinch of salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain.
- Stir in the whipping cream and warm water using an electric mixer.
- Incorporate the softened butter and sugar-free chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter into your muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top is firm. Keep an eye on them, as this varies from oven to oven.
Are these Paleo Chocolate Muffins?
These grain-free chocolate muffins are paleo if you make a few easy replacements:
PS: I DESIGNED A KETO PROGRAM TO DELIVER YOU THE FAST RESULTS YOU WANT, REDUCE YOUR BODY FAT, IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH & ENERGY LEVELS. Lose 10-21lbs in the first month.
- butter to coconut oil
- heavy cream to canned coconut milk
- the sweetener to a paleo-approved sweetener such as coconut sugar.
Here’s a photo of me proudly showing these beautiful muffins. Let me know if you want more behind the scenes content.
You can follow me on Instagram, where I post daily, insights from my workouts and delicious low carb meal ideas.
Other Sugar-Free Chocolate Desserts You’ll Love
- Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb & Keto Cheesecake Brownies
- Keto French Silk Pie
The Best Keto Double Chocolate Muffins – Super Moist and Fudgy
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ⅔ -1 cup powdered sweetener (SoNourished) I used an Erythritol and Monk Fruit Sweetener
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup warm water
- ⅔ cup unsalted grass-fed butter softened
- ⅓ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liner paper or grease them with melted butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack 5 large eggs and a pinch of salt. Using an electric mixer, whisk for about 30 seconds on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and continue mixing until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients: almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, baking powder, instant coffee, and cocoa powder. Continue mixing until a thick batter starts to form.
- Add the whipping cream and warm water and continue mixing.
- Switch to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir well the chocolate muffin batter, which is pretty thick.
- Incorporate the softened butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups (I used ¼ cup mixture for each muffin). Flatten the tops and add extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until they look firm and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a chocolate muffin comes out clean.
- Let them cool down for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool down.
- Serve them with your favorite keto vanilla ice cream, sugar-free maple syrup, or delicious keto vanilla frosting.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.