This Keto French Silk Pie is extremely rich, creamy, and chocolatey. The crispy oreo-style crust is filled with a scrumptious velvety mousse-like chocolate cream. And, it’s completely refined sugar-free, the perfect low carb dessert! Top this decadent chocolate pie with a homemade sugar-free whipped cream.
If you’re a chocolate lover, this keto dessert is the best for you. It’s my take on the French silk pie which is present on our tables at Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Birthdays. It’s a tradition in our family to make this incredibly decadent creamy pie!
I teased you on Instagram two days ago, showing you how creamy and thick this pie is. Oh, I love Boomerangs! I got tons of messages from you asking for the recipe. I know my readers love always want me to share more desserts.
Here at the studio, we are working really hard on finding and testing the best sugar-free keto desserts.
One thing is sure, and I’m thrilled to let you know that from now on, every Saturday we’ll have a new dessert recipe.
Plus, our keto chocolate orange cake features moist cake layers and an incredibly creamy orange-flavored frosting that’s another perfect keto dessert for the holidays.
Keto Silk Pie Ingredients
For this silk pie, we divided the ingredients between the three main components: oreo crust, chocolate cream cheese filling, and sugar-free whipped cream.
- The oreo crust is made with almond flour, cocoa powder, butter, and sweetener. This crust makes the pie extra chocolatey. A coconut flour crust is also amazing for this pie.
- This filling requires no baking, no egg yolks, and no powders. It’s all made from natural ingredients such as cream cheese, whipping cream, dark chocolate, and a low carb sweetener. I’d eat this chocolate filling on its own. You can do that too!
- For the homemade sugar-free whipped cream, you’ll need whipping cream, a powdered sweetener of choice and vanilla extract. It’s essential to use powdered sweetener to get a nice and smooth whipped cream.
How To Make Keto Silk Pie
Remember I’m a huge fan of extremely easy to make recipes. Well, this recipe it’s a breeze to make, and only the crust requires a bit more work. If you have basic cooking skills and know to use a blender or a mixer, you can make this pie. In the end, it’s totally worth it.
A food processor makes this whole process a lot easier.
- Simply add all the dry ingredients and butter, pulse for a few seconds until everything is well incorporated. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Pulse, pulse, pulse, and a few seconds later, this delicious pie crust is ready.
- Transfer to a greased 9-inch pie pan. Blind bake the crust until fully cooked. It’s important to cool the crust before adding the filling.
- Next, make the sugar-free chocolate cream cheese mousse. You can find detailed steps in the recipe card below.
- In fact, making the chocolate filling is quite simple but very delicious. Simply mix all the ingredients until light and fluffy.
- I love to whip up homemade whipped cream because it’s insanely easy to make and we prefer it over the sugary varieties found in stores.
- It’s time to assemble the pie. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Top each pie slice with a healthy dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Devour with your friends and family. That’s it!
If you’re a peanut butter + chocolate combo fan, you’ll love my latest creation No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Pie.
Got Keto French Silk Pie Leftovers?
This low carb silk pie is best stored in the refrigerator. It should last for about 3-4 days. You want to keep the chocolate filling firm, and for that, you need a low temperature.
Keto Silk Pie is excellent to make ahead of time since the filling needs at least 6 hours to set.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
- The Best Fudgy Keto Brownies – Only 2g carbs
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto French Silk Pie
For the crust:
For the filling:
Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C. Grease a 9-inch Pyrex pie dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, salt, and cold butter into a large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine or use a food processor. Make sure the butter is well incorporated.
- Add one medium egg and process until the crust dough looks like crumbles.
- Using your hands spread out the dough into the prepared pie dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until set. Let the pie crust completely cool.
Make the Chocolate Filling
- In a large bowl add cream cheese, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, sweetener and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer blend for about 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate filling looks fluffy.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the baked crust and refrigerate for 6 hours.
Make the Whipped Cream
- In a large clean bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the whipping cream, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract. Beat on high until fluffy.
- Top each pie slice with whipped cream topping and chocolate shavings.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: