These keto lemon bars have a thick, rich buttery shortbread-like crust and a silky, tangy lemon custard on top. This is the perfect low carb dessert and a serving has less than 2g net carbs.
Without any doubt, I’m a dessert kind of girl. I remember eating all the sweets at family dinners before getting to the main course. This lemon bar recipe is special to me because my grandmother used to make it all the time.
Keto Lemon Bars Ingredients
You’ll never want to buy premade keto bars ever again. The taste is on point, the texture is fantastic, and the macros are incredible. So go ahead and bake this lemony goodness, it takes less than 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients.
Keto Shortbread Crust Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup erythritol, powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Sugar-free Lemon Filling Ingredients
- 3 medium lemons or about 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup erythritol, powdered
How to Make Perfect Keto Lemon Bars?
- To get as much juice as possible from the lemons roll it roughly on the counter, pressing the lemon. This trick will help the lemon to loosen up the juices. You’ll need about 2/3 cup lemon juice.
- Using ingredients at room temperature is the key to perfect lemon bars.
- Make powdered erythritol at home. If you only have granular erythritol you can quickly turn it into powder by using a coffee grinder or a blender.
- Try to spread the crust as even as possible. Use a spatula or the back of a glass to make this step easier.
- After baking the keto, crust let it completely cool before adding the filling.
- Serve them cold from the refrigerator. I noticed that letting the bars overnight brings out much flavor.
- If you want a thinner crust, use only 1 cup almond flour and adjust the butter until your crust dough sticks together. This lemon recipe has a thick crust because that’s how I love it.
Do you like lemon desserts that are quick and low in carbs? You have to try my quick and easy lemon poppy seed keto mug cake recipe.
How Many Carbs are in Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Bars?
I cut my lemon bars into 16 squares, and each has only 2g net carbs.
Don’t freak out if you count the macros for this keto recipe and get different results.
To figure out net carbs, you have to subtract sugar alcohols and fiber from the total carbs because they pass through our digestive system without affecting the insulin levels.
What can I Use instead of Erythritol?
If you don’t have erythritol in your pantry, you can use another low carb sweetener such as monk fruit sweetener to make amazing sugar-free keto low carb lemon bars. If you are following a paleo diet and carbs are not the main focus, you can use coconut sugar or honey.
How many Carbs are in Lemons?
You probably wonder how many carbs are in one lemon. I drink a glass of warm water with 2 tbsp lemon juice each morning because it has many health benefits including improved digestion.
Let me tell you that lemons, according to USDA website are low in carbs and one medium lemon has:
- 8g carbohydrates
- 2.4g fiber
- 5.6g net carbs
- 24 calories
Can I use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour?
For the filling, you can use 2 tbsp coconut flour instead of the almond flour. You’ll get the same results: a delicious smooth custard. To make the crust use 1 cup coconut flour.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Keto Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- 1 Minute Lemon Poppy Seed Mug Cake – Dairy-Free
- Vanilla Keto Muffins – Low Carb Special Treat
Keto Lemon Bars – Low Carb Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the crust: In a food processor, add the almond flour, melted butter, powdered erythritol vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Process until a dough forms. You can use a hand mixer.
- Evenly press the dough into the pan and bake until lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. Once cooked, let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: Juice all the lemons and add them to a medium bowl.
- Over the lemon juice, add the room temperature eggs, the sweetener, lemon zest and whisk for 30 seconds. Don’t use a hand mixer because overmixing the ingredients will turn your keto lemon bars will crack when baked.
- Stir in the almond flour and pour the topping over the cooled crust whisking while pouring to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling has set.
- Let it cool completely before slicing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Use a sharp knife to cut them into squares. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.