This keto lemon mug cake is the best summer dessert, super moist and citrusy! It’s is extremely fluffy and easy to make. Enjoy this single-serving sugar-free dessert that is gluten-free, grain-free and heavenly fresh!
Add all the ingredients in a mug, stir, stir and in less than 10 minutes I have a great treat to enjoy.
If you are looking for a perfectly moist and fluffy lemon cake, you are in the right place. Mug Cakes are one of my favorite quick keto desserts to have since they are so easy to make. You can make my keto chocolate mug cake.
It took me a while to develop the perfect flavor and consistency of this lemon mug cake recipe. I would not call the first attempts failures because I still ate them with pleasure and learned how to make them better.
It really depends on your taste how you want the cake. If you want it more sour and sweet-tasting, add more lemon juice otherwise reduce the amount of sweetener to your taste.
Lemons are a little higher in carbs, but they also packaged with health benefits and the taste? Divine!
Anyways, this keto dessert it’s to die for especially when craving something sweet, yet fresh and soft. I’m usually drinking water with lemon every morning and sometimes bake Keto Lemon Bars which is a divine fresh dessert!
Lemon Poppy Seed Keto Mug Cake Ingredients
If you are a keto veteran, you may already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. So, what are you waiting for?
- 1 egg
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
- poppy seeds (of course)
- lemon juice or lime juice
- coconut milk or water
- baking powder
- your favorite carb-free sweetener (I used this)
You have a printable version at the end of this recipe.
How to Make Lemon Keto Mug Cake?
The instructions are very simple to make this keto mug cake. Here’s all you have to do:
- Start by beating the egg with a fork.
- Over the beaten egg add all the liquid ingredients: the melted coconut oil (you can also use butter), the lemon juice, the coconut milk, and water. So, easy!
- Now add all the dry ingredients. Add the coconut flour.
- The best part: add the poppy seeds, a pinch of baking powder and 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener and mix well until you get a nice cake batter consistency.
- Transfer the mixed ingredients in your favorite greased mug. Let microwave for a minute (or more, depending on your microwave power- they are all different).
Tip: You can add as much or as little lemon juice as you love.
This how it should look like when you get it out of the microwave. Make sure you don’t overcook it (I did it many times, not bad but a bit crumbly and not so moist inside).
Let it cool down for a few minutes in the mug, and then transfer it to your plate. I love to squeeze some lemon juice on top. Feel free to add unsweetened whipped cream or coconut cream for a decadent paleo dessert.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Paleo Keto Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Raspberry Vanilla Keto Muffins
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread with Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze
Easy Keto 1 Minute Lemon Poppyseed Mug Cake – Dairy-Free
- In a bowl mix the egg with the coconut milk, water, melted coconut oil and the lemon juice.
- Add in the bowl the coconut flour, poppy seeds, sweetener, lemon zest, and the baking powder.
- Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased mug.
- Microwave for 1-3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave. Enjoy topped with a slice of lemon or sugar-free whipped cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.