These Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are tender, super fluffy, and grain-free. Loaded with tons of lemon flavor, make delicious low carb lemon muffins that are super easy to whip up in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a quick keto breakfast or an afternoon treat.
I’m a huge fan of keto baking and anything lemon, especially with the weather warming up. This spring, I’ve got an enormous amount of fresh lemons from a friend. Honestly, I didn’t know what to do with so many lemons besides making keto lemonade with electrolytes, my favorite keto lemon cookies, a keto lemon blueberry cake, or this easy baked lemon chicken.
Lemons are full of flavor, and making some delicious sugar-free desserts with them is always a great idea. If you’re short on time and want to make the quickest keto lemon dessert, try my one-minute keto lemon mug cake with poppy seeds – super flavorful!
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Ingredients
I’m sure you already have most of these ingredients at home as they are the most used ones in keto baking. Here is everything you’ll need:
- Keto Flour: almond flour and golden flaxseed meal – you can use coconut flour instead of flaxseed flour.
- Sweetener – I always recommend using your favorite sweetener, but I love to use a Monk Fruit and Erythritol blend since it has zero aftertaste.
- Eggs – Always use room temperature eggs as it greatly reduces the eggy taste.
- Butter – I only had unsalted butter and added a pinch of salt. You can use unsalted butter and skip adding salt.
- Heavy Cream – If you want to make paleo muffins replace dairy products with coconut-based ones such as coconut cream or coconut oil.
- Lemon – One big and juicy lemon is just enough to flavor these fantastic keto muffins with almond flour. We’ll use both zest and lemon juice.
- Vanilla Extract: High quality always makes a huge difference, so make sure to purchase a natural vanilla extract.
How to Make Keto Lemon Muffins
It’s incredibly easy to make them in just a few easy steps:
- Preheat the oven and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the wet ingredients until frothy
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ones until you get a smooth batter.
- Evenly divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve as they are or prepare a keto cream cheese frosting to top with.
Sugar-free Lemon Glaze for Muffins
To make these muffins even more delicious, prepare this easy keto glaze to pour over the top. You’ll need just three easy ingredients: confectioners sweetener, almond milk (or water), and lemon juice.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of confectioner sweetener and one tablespoon of unsweetened almond milk. Add in one tablespoon of lemon juice or more until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Pour the sugar-free glaze over your freshly baked lemon muffins, and enjoy.
Storing Keto Muffins
Store the Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Refrigerate for up to a week.
Freeze the muffins in a zip lock bag for up to 2 months. Allow defrosting on the counter then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. They taste just like the freshly baked ones. Remember to top them with sugar free glaze or a delicious frosting.
Looking for More Keto Lemon Recipes? Try These:
- Easy Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Keto Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Quick Keto Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – 2g net carbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: the almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, baking powder, poppy seeds, and salt. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs, softened butter, and heavy cream until smooth and frothy. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mix again.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until a smooth muffin batter is formed.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins completely cool in the pan.
- Serve as they are or top with keto cream cheese frosting.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: