This keto lemon blueberry mug cake is a super fluffy and delicious coconut flour mug cake. An easy low carb mug cake is made in the microwave with only a few ingredients. It’s perfect for a keto breakfast, a quick afternoon snack, or any other meal of the day.
I love making keto desserts, and whenever I crave a juicy serving of blueberries and fluffy lemon vanilla cake, I make this low carb blueberry mug cake.
Sometimes I prefer making a loaf of keto blueberry bread or a delicious keto lemon blueberry cake over the weekend, but this blueberry mug cake is my go-to recipe when I crave a quick low carb dessert. It’s insanely easy to make in under 5 minutes, and it tastes delicious topped with sugar-free whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or Greek Yogurt.
Ingredients for the Keto Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake
For this easy coconut flour mug cake, you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- coconut flour
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- baking powder
- lemon extract
- lemon zest
How to Make Keto Blueberry Mug Cake?
Learn how to make this sugar-free keto blueberry mug cake that’s effortless to whip up once you gather all the ingredients. It’s fantastic that this gluten-free blueberry mug cake has no eggy taste. It’s super fluffy and perfect for any meal of the day!
- Start by adding all the ingredients: whisk the egg, sweetener, coconut flour, heavy cream, baking powder, lemon extract, and lemon zest into a microwave-safe mug. Make sure to combine all the ingredients until you get a smooth batter.
- Fold in the juicy blueberries.
- Transfer your keto blueberry mug cake to the microwave and cook on high (800W) for about 90 seconds.
- Once the mug cake is ready, let it rest for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Please note that microwaves vary in power, so you’ll need to experiment with cooking time to get the texture of this mug cake right. I recommend you start checking the mug cake from the first minute and then continue cooking just until completely done. It shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes to be ready.
TIP: Don’t overcook! It will be super dry rather than moist and delicious.
Can I substitute coconut flour with almond flour?
Yes! I prefer to use coconut flour because it’s cheaper than almond flour and so many of you requested recipes for almond allergies. But if you don’t have any food allergies, you can make a keto blueberry mug cake with almond flour without problems. Make sure to use the right amount of almond flour because these two gluten-free flours are different.
Usually, you’ll need more almond flour than coconut flour, and the general rule for conversions: for 1/4 cup of coconut flour, use 1 cup of almond flour. In this recipe, you’ll need about 5-6 tablespoons of almond flour instead of coconut flour.
Other Keto Mug Cakes You’ll Love
- Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake • Ready in 3 minutes!
- Super Easy Keto Chocolate Mug Cake with Coconut Flour
- Keto 1 Minute Lemon Poppy Seed Mug Cake
- Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie Mug Cake
Keto Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake
- In a microwave-safe mug, whisk the egg, sweetener, coconut flour, heavy cream, baking powder, lemon extract, and lemon zest. Use a fork to mix until the batter looks smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Microwave on high for about 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and let the cake cool slightly before eating.
- You can enjoy your keto mug cake plain straight from the mug or top with whipped cream or lemon keto ice cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: