These keto sugar cookies are incredibly easy to make, super versatile, and have no sugar added. They don’t spread while baking and are great plain or decorated with delicious low carb icing. Each grain-free cookie has only 1g net carb and is perfect for the holidays.
This is just a friendly reminder that Christmas is only a few days away. So, if you are not jumping around trying to find the perfect gifts and baking low carb cookies, it’s time to start freaking out.
Well, I’m kidding, but here’s what you can do: enjoy a cup of keto hot chocolate, stay calm and start baking these delicious keto sugar cookies. The origins of these cookies date back to the 7h century and it was the symbol of the
Ingredients for Keto Sugar Cookies
These keto cookies are some of my favorite recipes to have around for Christmas. To make them you’ll need a few low carb ingredients and a few hours to wait for the dough to be ready for baking. Here’s what you’ll need to make low-carb sugar cookies:
- Almond Flour & Coconut Flour – For the best results I recommend using superfine, blanched almond flour. This is important for the final result, and this recipe will not work well with ground almonds.
- Eggs – Well, you’ll need one room
temperaturelarge egg to bind everything together.
- Butter or Coconut Oil – If you don’t want your keto cookies to taste like coconut use refined coconut oil. In my opinion, these cookies taste best and have a fantastic texture if made with grass-fed butter.
- Keto Sweetener & Extracts – To sweeten these cookies without adding real sugar, I like to use and Erythritol blend, such as Swerve. To enhance the taste, I love to add a high-quality vanilla extract and almond extract.
How to Make Keto Sugar Cookies
- All you have to do is to preheat the oven.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor combine all the ingredients. The dough will be sticky but will harden as it’s chilled.
- Using a knife, cut 1/4 inch cookies and baked until they start to brown on the edges and the whole house smells like Christmas.
- To make cut-out sugar cookies, let the dough chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours. It will be easier to roll it out. Roll the cookie dough into 1/4 inch thickness and cut in the desired shapes. Bake them and enjoy Christmas cookies without sugar.
Keto Christmas Recipe You May Like
- The best homemade Low Carb & Keto Eggnog | Velvety & Smooth
- Creamy & Thick Keto Hot Chocolate – Sugar-Free Drink
- Christmas Gingerbread Cookies – Low Carb, Sugar-free & Grain-free
Keto Sugar Cookies – Low-Carb & Sugar-Free
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C.
- In a food processor add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, the sweetener, and pulse until well combined.
- To the flours add the egg, vanilla extract almond extract and the butter. Pulse until combined. The dough will look sticky.
- Transfer the keto sugar cookies dough to a parchment paper. Shape it into a log shape. Refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a knife, cut the dough into 12-14 equal sized cookies. Place the cookies on the prepared sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack, using a spatula. Enjoy the cookies as they are or decorate them if desired.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: