This Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner is a healthy recipe and super easy to prepare with just a few ingredients. It features juicy chicken thighs and colorful, deliciously roasted vegetables.
Learn how to prepare the best Greek Chicken dinner at home and impress your family! Loaded with delicious flavors and healthy vegetables, this dinner recipe tastes incredibly delicious and requires only 10 minutes of prep.
Simply combine the chicken, summer vegetables, and seasonings, pop it into the oven, and voila! You’ll have a delicious and impressive dinner ready to serve in no time.
Ready in just a few minutes, this greek recipe it’s the best choice for a busy weeknight dinner since it doesn’t require too much time spent in the kitchen.
If you want to try other delicious chicken recipes that are as delicious and easy to make as this recipe, you can make my Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders, which are keto and gluten-free.
Whether following a Whole30, Paleo, or Gluten-Free diet or simply loving good food, this Greek Sheet pan recipe will surely be a hit with any crowd.
What’s This Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner?
This recipe is a sheet pan dinner consisting of roasted chicken thighs and a mix of delicious vegetables, topped with crumbled feta cheese and black olives. The chicken is juicy and flavorful, while the vegetables are roasted until tender, creating a delicious and complete meal.
Why Are You Going This Recipe
- Easy to whip up using just a few low carb ingredients.
- Perfect for meal prep: It can be made ahead and reheated throughout the week.!
- Super versatile as you can use up any vegetables left in your fridge.
- A balanced chicken recipe that’s loaded with protein, fiber, and vitamins.
- Sheet pan dinners are an affordable way to feed a crowd, as they require fewer dishes and can be made in large batches.
A Note On The Ingredients Needed
What’s better than a simple and quick dinner recipe that requires only a few easy-to-find ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen? Here is a list of the ingredients that you will need:
- Chicken Thighs – I used bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. They stay moist and tender during roasting and have more flavor than chicken breasts.
- Zucchini – A medium-sized zucchini or yellow squash is used in this recipe.
- Bell Pepper – You can use a mix of red and green bell peppers to add more flavor and color to the dish. Bell peppers have a slightly sweet flavor and a crisp texture.
- Red Onion – yellow onion is just fine as well.
- Tomatoes – use your favorite type of tomatoes.
- Olives – Kalamata olives are used in this recipe to add a salty and slightly tangy flavor to the dish. You can also use other types of olives if you prefer.
- Feta Cheese – Feta cheese has a salty and tangy flavor that pairs well with the other flavors in the dish, and adds a distinctly Greek flavor to the meal.
For The Greek Chicken Marinade
The Greek-inspired seasonings, such as oregano, lemon, and feta cheese, add a burst of delicious flavors to the dish.
- Olive Oil – The olive oil serves as the base of the marinade and helps the seasonings stick to the chicken while adding great flavor.
- Lemon – adds a bright, tangy flavor. It also helps to tenderize the chicken.
- Garlic Cloves – use fresh garlic for an intense flavor. It’s a staple in Greek cooking and adds depth to the dish. You can use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic if you don’t have it on hand.
- Dried Oregano and Thyme – They are commonly used in Greek cooking and add complexity to the dish.
- Mustard – You can use different types of mustard like whole-grain mustard, spicy brown mustard, or honey mustard to add a unique flavor to the marinade.
- Salt and Pepper – Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your taste preferences,
- Parsley – You can use other fresh herbs like cilantro, mint, or basil to garnish the dish and add a fresh flavor.
How To Make Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Once you see how easy it’s to prepare this delicious Greek sheet pan chicken dinner, you will want to make it over and over again. So here are the instructions that you need to follow:
Prepare The Marinade
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, mustard, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix using a whisker until well combined.
Marinate The Chicken Thighs
Pat dry the chicken thighs and add them to a bowl, pour the marinade and mix until each chicken thigh is well coated with the marinade.
Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavors.
Prepare The Vegetables
Make sure to slice the vegetables evenly so that they cook evenly. This ensures that they will be tender and caramelized, but not overcooked or undercooked.
Then, spread the vegetables on a baking dish and mix them with the rest of the marinade.
Add the chicken thighs to the baking sheet, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
How To Cut Vegetables For Roasting
When cutting the vegetables for this sheet pan recipe, try to make them as uniform in size as possible so that they cook at the same rate.
- Bell peppers: Cut the peppers into 1-inch chunks.
- Red onions: Cut the onions into wedges or chunks that are about 1 inch wide.
- Zucchini: Slice it up into strips or half-moons.
- Cherry tomatoes: Leave the cherry tomatoes whole or cut them in half if they are very large.
Tips and Variations
- Use skin-on chicken thighs to keep the chicken moist while it cooks.
- Don’t overcook the chicken and vegetables; Otherwise, you will end up with dried chicken thighs and mushy vegetables.
- Marinating the chicken in the Greek-inspired marinade before cooking is essential to infuse it with flavor and keeps it moist during cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan to ensure that all the ingredients cook evenly. You can use two pans if you cook for a big crowd.
- If you like things spicy, try adding some red pepper flakes to the marinade or sprinkling them over the vegetables before roasting.
- If you want to make a vegetarian version of this dish, try using roasted chickpeas instead of chicken. You can also add other veggies like eggplant or sweet potato for extra flavor and texture.
How To Store
- Fridge – you can store this chicken dinner recipe in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze this Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner in the freezer in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 months.
To reheat your leftovers, you can either use a microwave or an oven.
For the microwave, simply transfer a serving to a microwave-safe dish, cover it with a damp paper towel, and heat on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
To reheat in the oven, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Transfer the leftover chicken and vegetables to an oven-safe dish. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
What To Serve With Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner?
Another great thing about this Greek dish is that it can be paired with many side dishes. Here are some delicious ideas:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe With Chicken Breast?
Sure, you can make this recipe by replacing the chicken thighs with chicken breast or drumsticks.
How Do I Know If The Chicken Thighs Are Cooked?
To check if your chicken thighs are cooked, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken thighs. If the thermometer reads 165°F, then your chicken thighs are cooked.
More Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Marry Me Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs
- Pollo Asado
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup
- Filipino Chicken Adobo
Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
For The Marinade
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Prepare The Marinade. Add all the ingredients for the marinade to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the marinade for the vegetables.
- Marinate The Chicken Thighs. Pat dry the chicken thighs and add them to a bowl. Mix them with the marinade mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavors.
- Prepare The Vegetables. Wash and cut all the vegetables, then spread them on a baking dish.
- Toss the vegetables with the remaining marinade.
- Add the chicken thighs to the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with the olives and crumbled feta cheese, and bake for 10 more minutes until perfectly roasted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
- If the vegetables get too brown before the chicken is fully cooked, cover them loosely with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- For a crispy skin on the chicken, broil for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: