This easy air fryer zucchini recipe takes less than 15 minutes. This simple method for how to air fry zucchini uses a secret ingredient to make them ultra crispy and delicious.
This recipe for air fryer zucchini is for you if you are looking for a quick and easy way to introduce vegetables and healthy ingredients to your diet.
With a crispy crust on the outside and a tender texture on the inside, this zucchini side dish recipe will impress everyone since it’s extremely delicious and pairs perfectly with many main dishes.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and delicious snack or a healthy addition to your dinner table, this air fryer zucchini recipe it’s the perfect choice.
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Super easy to make in just a few minutes.
- Requires only 5 minutes of prep.
- Uses a healthy cooking method.
- It’s a versatile recipe- use your favorite seasonings!
- A low carb side dish that can be paired with many main dishes.
- It’s a great idea for using up extra zucchini.
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to make this delicious air fryer zucchini recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Zucchini – use a fresh medium zucchini since the big ones are less watery.
- Olive Oil – feel free to replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Parmesan Cheese – helps to obtain a nice crunchy crust.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. Feel free to use any other seasonings that you like.
- Onion Powder and Garlic powder – Italian seasoning would also be a great addition.
How To Make These Air Fryer Zucchini
This is one of the easiest side dish recipes I have ever tried, and the results are extremely delicious. Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
Prepare The Zucchini
Wash the zucchini, then trim off the ends.
Cut the zucchini into quarters length-wise, then cut them into 3/4-inch thick half-moons.
Season The Zucchini
Add the chopped zucchini to a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, and mix using a silicone spatula until everything is well combined.
Air Fry The Zucchini
Preheat the air fryer to 400F/ 200C and arrange the zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket to ensure an even cooking.
Air fry the zucchini for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket a few times while cooking to obtain a crisp and golden brown crust.
Transfer the cooked zucchini to a plate, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Make sure that you cut the zucchini into equal sizes to ensure that they are cooking evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket; cook the zucchini in batches if you want to obtain crunchy and evenly cooked zucchini bites.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking for even crispiness.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray oil to prevent sticking.
- You can add some red pepper chili flakes if you want to make some spicy air fryer zucchini.
- Add some dried herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme.
- You can also add some fresh minced garlic for an intense flavor.
- Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese over the zucchini in the last minute of cooking for a cheese texture.
- Fridge: you can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Thaw the air fryer frozen zucchini in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- You can pair these air fryer zucchini with many chicken recipes like Roasted Air Fryer Whole Chicken or Air Fryer Chicken Thighs.
- Pork recipes: Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin or Pork Chops with Super Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
- Fish recipes: Cream Cheese Salmon or Pan Seared Cajun Salmon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Zucchini Keto-Friendly?
Sure, with only 3 grams of net carbs per serving, zucchini is perfect for those who are following a keto diet and not only.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Zucchini?
I don’t recommend freezing cooked zucchini since they will turn out mushy and too watery once thawed.
Can I Make This Recipe With Frozen Zucchini?
Sure, you can use frozen zucchini to make this recipe; you need to know that it may take longer to cook.
Air Fryer Zucchini Vs. Deep-Fried Zucchini
Air fryer zucchini is healthier than deep-fried zucchini since it uses less oil.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Creamy Zucchini Alfredo Noodles
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna
- The Best Zucchini Slice
Air Fryer Zucchini
- Prepare The Zucchini. Wash the zucchini and cut them into half moons about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season The Zucchini. Add the chopped zucchini to a bowl, then add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Toss to combine until everything is well combined.
- Cook The Zucchini. Preheat the air fryer to 400F/ 200C and arrange the zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the zucchini for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket a few times while cooking.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini to a plate, and enjoy.
- Add the remaining zucchini to the air fryer and cook again until cripsy and delicious.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: