Cream Cheese Dill Baked Salmon is a super easy dinner recipe to make in under 30 minutes. With just a few ingredients, this perfectly baked salmon recipe is moist, tender, and flaky on the inside.
Enjoy this easy oven-baked salmon with a cream cheese and dill crust that is absolutely dreamy! Perfect for weeknight dinner, this low carb salmon recipe is loaded with flavor and tastes incredible.
I’m a huge fan of salmon, and while I love garlic butter baked salmon with veggies, this cream cheese salmon is super juicy, fork-tender with crisp edges.
Cream Cheese Garlic Baked Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon – an affordable, widely popular fish that’s healthy, high in omega 3s, packed with protein, and super easy to cook. I recommend choosing Pacific or Alaskan Salmon and look for salmon whose flesh is shiny, moist, and brightly-colored.
- Cream Cheese
- Seasonings – I love to use the most basic salmon seasonings such as salt, pepper, or garlic powder. In the end, sprinkle some fresh herbs and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
How to Make The Best Baked Salmon Recipe?
It’s incredibly easy to make this creamy salmon recipe with cream cheese and dill in just 4 easy steps:
- Preheat the oven and place the seasoned salmon piece on a bed of lemon slices. This way, you’re guaranteed that the salmon is incredibly moist and doesn’t stick to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Prepare the cream cheese crust by mixing softened cream cheese, garlic, fresh dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Optional for a bit of kick, add some red pepper chilly flakes.
- Top the salmon fillet with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135-140°F.
How Long to Bake Salmon?
The best temperature to bake salmon si 400F or 425F. The baking time depends on how big or thick your salmon pieces are. It’s extremely important not to overcook the fish.
I recommend using an instant-read thermometer like this one. Cook the salmon until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, as FDA recommends. It takes about 4-6 minutes per half-inch of thickness.
Another way to test for doneness is to insert a fork or knife in the salmon, and the fish should flake easily and look opaque.
This Salmon recipe with cream cheese can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How To Serve Baked Cream Cheese Salmon
To keep this salmon recipe low carb, I chose to serve it keto side dishes such as:
- Steamed Vegetables
- Roasted Asparagus
- Zucchini Noodles
- Cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Zucchini
Looking for More Salmon Recipes? Try These:
- Easy Keto Salmon Quiche • Savory Low Carb Pie
- The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Dill Cream Cheese
Cream Cheese Dill Baked Salmon
- 2 lb salmon fillet skin on
- 6 oz cream cheese temperature
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/2 lemon juice squeezed
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking dish with foil and lay lemon slices in an even layer.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and place on top of lemon slices.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, minced garlic, chopped fresh dill, the juice from half a lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly spread the dill cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the salmon. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Salmon’s internal temperature should reach 135-140°F.
- Garnish with fresh dill before serving. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: