This keto Nutella is super easy to make at home with just 5 ingredients. Enjoy a sugar-free Nutella that’s low in carbs, contains no sugar added, and it’s loaded with chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
I grew up eating tons of Nutella on toast, and this homemade Nutella recipe tastes similar to the store-bought spread. The best part? It has no sugar and only 1g net carbs per serving.
If you love Nutella and want chocolaty nut butter to spread on keto bread, this sugar-free Nutella it’s ideal for you.
The delicious low carb hazelnut cream can be prepared at home in just 20 minutes, and the result is brilliant – a smooth and creamy, indulgent keto treat!
Spread it on your toast for breakfast, or top these keto waffles, keto crepes, or low carb pancakes. The options are endless!
- Is Nutella Keto-Friendly?
- Are Hazelnuts Keto?
- Quick Keto Nutella Step-by-Step Video
- Ingredients In Keto Nutella
- How To Make This Delicious Homemade Nutella
- Tips For Making The Best Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- Can I Use Hazelnut Butter?
- How To Serve This Keto Nutella
- How To Store These Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- Tools You Need To Make Keto Nutella
- Looking for More Keto Chocolate Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Nutella – Sugar-Free Hazelnut Spread
Is Nutella Keto-Friendly?
Nutella is not keto-friendly since it contains lots of added sugar and a serving of 2 tablespoons contains about 21 grams of net carbs.
So, just having a single serving of Nutella is enough to kick you out of ketosis.
Luckily, we are here to help you with this delicious recipe of sugar-free homemade Nutella that has only 2g net carbs per tablespoon.
Are Hazelnuts Keto?
Sure, hazelnuts are high in healthy fats, have a delicious flavor, and provide roughly 16 grams of fat and 5 grams of total carbs per ounce, making them a great keto snack.
Quick Keto Nutella Step-by-Step Video
Ingredients In Keto Nutella
You will be surprised to see that you need only 5 ingredients to make a delicious sugar-free Nutella.
- Hazelnuts – Choose raw hazelnuts and roast them yourself to release their natural oils. However, if you’re short on time you can use dry roasted hazelnuts.
- Coconut Oil – you can also use avocado or macadamia oil. This ingredient makes the consistency a little smoother and creamier.
- Cocoa Powder – Quality cocoa makes the difference in dessert’a color and flavor. Therefore, the higher the fat content of cocoa powder, the more intense the color will be. Cacao powder can also be used.
- Sweetener – powdered sweetener it’s a must for this recipe, so it dissolves faster when blended.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find. Makes the spread tastes incredibly rich.
- Salt – to enhance and balance all the flavors in this homemade Nutella.
How To Make This Delicious Homemade Nutella
It’s so easy to make Keto Nutella at home using just your food processor. Don’t skip the roasting part if you want a super creamy hazelnut spread!
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 10 minutes until to release the natural oils.
- Remove the skins. Place the cooled roasted hazelnuts on a clean kitchen towel and rub them well until the skin comes off. So easy!
- Make hazelnut butter. Place the hazelnuts in a high-speed food processor and mix until completely transformed into a powder. Continue mixing until all the oil comes out of them and looks like tahini paste. This process may take up to 10 minutes. Make sure to scrape the sides from time to time.
- Incorporate the other ingredients. Once you’ve made the hazelnut butter, add cocoa powder, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Process again until well blended.
- Transfer the keto Nutella into a storage container and enjoy or store for later.
Tips For Making The Best Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- To obtain a super creamy homemade Nutella, make sure that your hazelnut butter is extremely creamy before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- If the hazelnut butter it’s not super smooth, add a little melted coconut oil.
- Replace hazelnuts with peanuts or almonds if you’re looking for a different nut butter option.
- For a more intense taste of chocolate, melt about 1/2 cup chopped chocolate bars, then gradually include it into the final recipe, blending until everything is well blended.
- If you want the spread to be thicker, add some heavy cream to the food processor during the last few minutes.
Can I Use Hazelnut Butter?
Sure, you can save tons of time by using store-bought hazelnut butter. You’ll need about 2 cups of hazelnut butter. Skip to the part where you add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to make the best keto Nutella!
How To Serve This Keto Nutella
- You can spread it on a slice of keto bread.
- Eat it with your favorite pancakes in the morning.
- It’s great as a dip for strawberries.
- It’s perfect as a glaze for some keto donuts.
How To Store These Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- Fridge: Store homemade keto Nutella in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- Freezer: Nutella made at home is not freezer-friendly because when the chocolate spread is thawed from the freezer, it becomes crumbly and thick rather than smooth.
Tools You Need To Make Keto Nutella
Here are the items used to make this easy recipe!
- High-powered blender or a Food processor
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Looking for More Keto Chocolate Recipes? Try these:
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- The Best Fudgy Keto Brownies – Only 2g carbs
- Double Chocolate Keto Hazelnut Cookies
- Super Moist Double Chocolate Keto Pound Cake
- The Best Keto Lava Cake
Keto Nutella – Sugar-Free Hazelnut Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes or until fragrant and browned.
- Gently rub the hazelnuts using a kitchen towel until the skin comes off.
- Place the hazelnuts into a food processor and process until creamy. Scrape the sides from time to time. This process can take up 5-10 minutes.
- Add the powdered erythritol, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Process again until well combined.
- You may need to add more oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Transfer to a clean jar and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: