This keto condensed milk is super creamy and easy to make with just 3 ingredients. It’s the best low carb keto condensed milk that’s sugar-free and can be used in tons of keto desserts.
We often need sugar-free condensed milk in different keto recipes, but you can’t find keto approved condensed milk on the market. So why not prepare a homemade keto condensed milk at home super quick, with simple and healthy ingredients in just 3 easy steps.
This keto condensed milk tastes extremely good, and the best part is that it isn’t as sweet as condensed milk on the market that’s loaded with carbs. You can use this sugar-free condensed milk for anything. It is very good for sweetening coffee or tea; you can put it in hot chocolate or moreover, it can be used for making dessert recipes like tres leches cake.
Watch this quick video to see how easy it’s to make homemade keto condensed milk.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Creamy and silky texture
- Extremely easy to make using only 3 ingredients
- Tastes exactly like regular sweetened condensed milk
- Sugar-free recipe
- Make it ahead of time and use it for keto desserts
- Only 1 gram net carbs per serving
Is Condensed Milk Keto?
Definitely not; regular condensed milk contains 165g of net carb for only one cup since it’s made from sugar and full fat milk. But fortunately, you can make homemade low carb condensed milk that tastes similar to regular condensed milk and can be used in many different recipes.
Ingredients For This Keto Condensed Milk
You will need only three ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry to create this delicious keto condensed milk. Here is everything you will need:
- Heavy Cream – this is the main ingredient for this condensed milk, so make sure that you are using a full fat version. Using half and half or milk alternatives won’t work as condensed milk requires high-fat content. However, you can make keto condensed coconut milk using full-fat canned coconut milk.
- Butter – unsalted butter is the best for this recipe; just make sure it is at room temperature to combine well with the heavy cream.
- Sweetener – make sure that you use powdered sweetener to dissolve easier into the cream mixture and avoid lumps.
How To Make Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
After seeing how easy it is to make your condensed milk at home, you’ll want to make it over and over again. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by adding the heavy cream to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter, sweetener and mix until the butter is melted.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer until the condensed milk starts to thicken.
- Pour your keto condensed milk into a glass jar and enjoy.
Tips For Making Keto Condensed Milk
- Make sure that you are cooking your condensed milk at medium because otherwise, it will burn.
- I recommended sifting the sweetener to avoid that sandy texture and creating lumps.
- To avoid burning the heavy cream, whisk or stir it often while cooking.
- If you think that your condensed milk is too thin, you have to cook it for a longer time.
- You can add extra sweetener if you want your condensed milk to be sweeter.
- For a richer taste, you can use a sugar-free brown alternative.
How Can I Use This Keto Condensed Milk
This keto condensed milk is extremely versatile, and can be used for many recipes that call for regular condensed milk. Here are some great ideas:
- Coffee or Tea: You can add it to your bulletproof coffee, keto thai iced tea, classic black coffee, or keto iced coffee to sweeten it up.
- Make Keto Ice Cream: It’s one of the main ingredients in keto ice cream recipes.
- Keto Desserts: You can use sugar-free sweetened condensed milk keto cake recipes like keto tres leches cake or keto German chocolate cake.
- Fresh Fruit: Drizzle keto condensed milk over the top of a bowl of your favorite low carb berries such as strawberries, raspberries, or apples.
Can I Make This Condensed Milk At Instant Pot?
Sure, if you want to make condensed milk in a short time, using an instant pot is the best solution.
- Use the saute function of your instant pot. Add the heavy cream to the pot and bring to a boil by stirring occasionally.
- Boil the heavy cream for ten minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Stir the butter and sweetener. Cook for 20 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Don’t worry if your condensed milk seems too thin because it will start to thicken as it cools.
- Fridge: You can store this keto condensed milk in the fridge in a jar for up to one week.
- Freezer: This keto condensed milk can also be stored in the freezer. Put it in an airtight container and store it for one month.
Equipment Needed To Make This Keto Coconut Cake
- Large skillet
- Glass jar
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Condensed Milk?
Condensed milk is a product obtained from milk and sugar. Traditionally it is prepared from whole cow’s milk, and it is cooked together with the sweetener until the water evaporates from the milk.
Can I Make Unsweetened Condensed Milk?
Sure, you can easily make sugar-free condensed milk by skipping the sweetener.
Keto Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and pour the heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the butter and powdered sweetener.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, constantly stirring, until the mixture reduces by half and looks thicker.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer to a jar container and store in the refrigerator.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: