Keto Gingerbread brownies feature gooey and moist brownies topped with perfectly spiced gluten-free gingerbread cookies. These adorable gingerbread brownies are flavorful, super cute, and taste “just like Christmas.”
I love making brownies, and just like my keto cheesecake brownies, peanut butter brownies, keto pumpkin brownies, and coconut flour brownies, these keto gingerbread brownies are another delicious treat.
Is there anything better than the sweet aroma of freshly baked keto gingerbread cookies and brownies filling the kitchen? Well, why choose when you can have both in one bite! Cookies are like little hugs, and brownies are pure chocolatey bliss. Together, they’re a match made in dessert heaven.
If you know me, you know of my deep love for baking, and Christmas is the ultimate baking season. Something about the holiday spirit makes me want to whip up all kinds of festive treats.
And when you take all that gingerbread goodness and infuse it into brownies, well, that’s when the real holiday magic happens. So, gingerbread brownies? Oh, my days, they’re like a Christmas dream come true.
With a blend of cozy gingerbread spices and a touch of chocolatey goodness, these festive brownies are perfect for a keto Christmas dessert.
Make your holidays extra special with our easy Keto Gingerbread Brownies! It’s perfect for cookie exchanges, and I’m sure it will impress everyone.
What Are Gingerbread Brownies?
Gingerbread brownies are a delightful twist on the classic chocolate brownie, combining the rich, fudgy texture of traditional brownies with the warm and comforting flavors of gingerbread. These brownies typically feature a blend of gingerbread spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, adding a festive touch to the chocolatey goodness.
What makes these gingerbread brownies stand out are the gingerbread cookies on top, giving them a fancy appearance and adding cozy, warm flavors.
And the best part? For those following a keto lifestyle, gingerbread brownies can be adapted to be gluten-free, sugar-free, and low-carb while maintaining their deliciously festive character.
Why Are You Going To Love These Keto Gingerbread Brownies
- Festive Flavor: These brownies are loaded with holiday flavors due to the warm and cozy gingerbread spices that delight each bite.
- Super Easy To Prepare: Although it looks quite impressive, these keto gingerbread brownies are easy to make without any complicated steps.
- Impressive Presentation: Topped with gingerbread cookies, these brownies taste great and look impressive. Share them at gatherings or savor them alone for a delightful and visually appealing treat.
- Holiday Treat. These gluten-free brownies are perfect for the Christmas season.
- It’s a sugar-free and gluten-free brownie recipe that tastes incredibly delicious.
- Perfect Texture. These Keto Gingerbread Brownies have a combination of the best textures! The brownies are wonderfully moist inside, and on top, you get crispy gingerbread cookies that add a perfect crunch. It’s a simple, delicious combo that makes these brownies a win for your taste buds.
- It’s a Versatile Recipe. Feel free to get creative with add-ins like chopped nuts or chocolate chips,
- Perfect for Gifting. These gingerbread brownies are also best for homemade gifts for friends and family, especially those who are reducing their sugar intake or following a keto lifestyle.
Ingredients For Keto Gingerbread Brownies
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious keto gingerbread brownies. You will see that you may have some of them already in your kitchen:
For The Brownie Batter
- Almond Flour – use superfine, blanched almond flour for the best brownie texture.
- Eggs – Use fresh eggs at room temperature. They act as a binding agent.
- Butter – adds richness and moisture to the brownies.
- Cocoa Powder – use unsweetened cocoa powder for a pure chocolate taste.
- Dark Chocolate – use high-quality, unsweetened dark chocolate to add extra richness and chocolatey goodness.
- Sweetener – use a keto-friendly sweetener of your choice like Erythritol, Swerve, Monk Fruit, or Allulose.
- Baking Powder – helps the brownies rise and gives them a light, airy texture.
For The Gingerbread Cookies
- Almond & Coconut Flour – use superfine, blanched almond flour, and coconut flour for a balanced texture.
- Sweetener – use your favorite low-carb sweetener; just make sure it is powdered for a fine texture.
- Egg – binds the ingredients and contributes to the cookie structure.
- Cream Cheese – provides richness and a tender texture to the cookies.
- Butter – adds a buttery flavor and contributes to the cookie’s moisture.
- Baking Powder – used to make the gingerbread cookies’ texture super fluffy.
- Gingerbread Spice Mix – you can buy it from the store or make it at home by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger.
How To Make These Gluten-Free Gingerbread Brownies
If you’ve ever doubted that making sugar-free gingerbread brownies might be too complicated, let these straightforward instructions prove you wrong. Here is everything you need to do:
Set your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
Making the Brownie Batter
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and butter until smooth, then cool them slightly.
Whisk eggs and sweetener in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate with the egg mixture until smooth.
Stir in almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until well combined and the batter looks smooth and creamy.
Preparing the Keto Gingerbread Cookie Dough
Combine Wet Ingredients: Add the melted butter to a large mixing bowl. Make sure the oil or butter is melted but not hot, as a high temperature can cook the egg.
Then, add a large egg. Ensure that the egg is at room temperature for better incorporation with other ingredients.
Add one tablespoon of softened cream cheese or mascarpone cheese to the bowl. The cream cheese should be soft but not melted, which makes it easier to mix.
Measure one teaspoon of vanilla extract and pour it into the bowl. Vanilla extract adds a lovely aroma and enhances the overall flavor of the cookies.
Using a whisk or an electric mixer, blend these ingredients until they form a smooth mixture. This process ensures that the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, which is essential for the texture of your cookies.
Add Dry Ingredients: Now, gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Start with 1 and 1/4 cups of superfine, blanched almond flour.
Add two tablespoons of coconut flour next. Coconut flour helps to absorb excess moisture, ensuring the cookies aren’t too wet. Then, sift in 1/4 cup of powdered sweetener to avoid any lumps and for an even distribution of sweetness.
Proceed by adding 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, which will help your cookies rise and become fluffy.
Finally, incorporate 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of gingerbread spice mix. This spice mix usually contains ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, providing the classic gingerbread flavor.
Gently fold these dry ingredients into the wet mixture using a spatula or a spoon, stirring until just combined. Avoid over-mixing, as this can make the cookies tough.
If it feels too sticky, sprinkle in a bit of coconut flour, up to one tablespoon, to achieve a firmer, more manageable consistency. Stir in one tablespoon of molasses for that classic gingerbread taste and color.
Lay out a piece of plastic wrap and place your dough onto it. Place the wrapped dough in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least two hours. Chilling the dough is crucial as it allows the flavors to meld together and makes the dough easier to handle when rolling and cutting out shapes.
Assemble The Keto Gingerbread Brownies
Take your prepared brownie batter and pour it into the pan. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, gently spread the batter evenly across the bottom of the pan. Ensure the layer is uniform in thickness so that it bakes evenly.
Rolling Out the Cookie Dough: Remove your chilled gingerbread cookie dough from the refrigerator. Place it between two sheets of parchment paper; this prevents sticking and makes rolling easier. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. If the dough becomes too soft or sticky while rolling, place it back in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up again.
Cutting Cookie Shapes: Once the dough is rolled out, remove the top layer of parchment paper. Use your chosen cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough. Press the cutter firmly and wiggle it slightly to ensure a clean cut. Gently lift the shapes with a spatula or your fingers, being careful not to deform them. If the dough sticks to the cutter, dip the cutter in melted coconut oil before each use.
Carefully place each cut-out gingerbread cookie shape on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Arrange them in a pattern or randomly, as you prefer. Make sure to space them out evenly. The cookies will spread slightly as they bake, so leave a small gap between each shape.
Baking Gingerbread Brownies
Place your assembled pan of Keto Gingerbread Brownies in the preheated oven, set at 350°F (175°C). Set a timer for 20 minutes to begin with. Oven temperatures and baking times can vary, so this initial check is crucial. It’s better to check earlier than overbake the brownies.
Be sure to test a couple of spots, especially the areas with just the brownie batter. If the toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached (not wet batter), the brownies are done. The moist crumbs indicate that the brownies are perfectly baked, remaining moist and fudgy.
Slicing the Brownies
After the brownies have cooled completely, use the overhanging parchment paper (if you used it) to lift them out of the pan onto a cutting board.
Using a sharp knife, slice the brownies into squares of your desired size. For cleaner cuts, wipe your knife with a damp cloth between slices.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Gingerbread Brownies
- Make sure you don’t overbake the brownies because otherwise, they will not be rich and fudgy.
- Make sure that you let the brownies cool before slicing.
- For clean and precise cuts, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry before each slice. The warmth of the knife helps to smoothly cut through the fudgy texture, giving you neat, professional-looking squares.
- Use high-quality ingredients like almond flour, dark chocolate, and cocoa powder for the best flavor and texture.
- Adjust the gingerbread spice mix according to your preference. If you enjoy a stronger spice flavor, feel free to add a bit more. Start with the recommended amount and adjust in small increments to find your perfect balance.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the pan for even baking.
- Refrigerate the gingerbread cookie dough for at least 2 hours to enhance its texture.
- Fridge – You can store any leftovers of these keto gingerbread brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze these keto brownies. Transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or in an airtight container and freeze them for up to one month. When you want to serve them, defrost the gingerbread brownies at room temperature and reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Even if these keto gingerbread brownies are delicious, simple as they are, you can also serve them in different ways. Here are some ideas:
- You can top them with some homemade Nutella.
- Top with homemade whipped cream.
- Drizzle the brownies with keto caramel.
- You can also eat them with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
How Do I Prevent The Brownies From Becoming Too Dry?
Ensure not to overbake the brownies. Keep a close eye during the last few minutes of baking and remove them when a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, not wet batter.
Can I Freeze These Gingerbread Brownies?
Absolutely! Allow the brownies to cool completely, slice them, and then freeze in an airtight container. Thaw as needed for a quick and delicious treat.
Can I Make These Keto Gingerbread Brownies Ahead Of Time?
Yes, these brownies are great for making ahead. Store them in an airtight container once cooled and slice before serving.
More Keto Festive Recipes
- Keto Gingerbread Loaf with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Keto Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- The Easiest Keto Candied Pecans
- Everyone’s Favorite Keto Fruit Cake
Keto Gingerbread Brownies
For Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour superfine blanched
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 egg large
- 1 tbsp cream cheese or mascarpone cheese softened
- 2 tbsp cup coconut oil or butter melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice mix or more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp molasses optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a square 8×8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper, ensuring it covers both the bottom and the sides.
- Make the Brownie Batter. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring until smooth. Allow it to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1-2 minutes until frothy.3 eggs
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix until well combined.3/4 cup unsalted butter, 2 oz dark chocolate
- Stir in the sweetener, almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix until the batter is well combined.1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3/4 cup sweetener, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare the Gingerbread Cookie Batter. Add the egg, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and melted butter to a large bowl and mix until well combined.1 egg, 1 tbsp cream cheese, 2 tbsp cup coconut oil or butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, powdered sweetener, baking powder, and gingerbread spice.1 1/4 cups almond flour superfine, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1/4 cup powdered sweetener, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice mix
- Mix until a dough forms, then stir the molasses. If the dough is too sticky, you can add a tablespoon of coconut flour.1 tbsp molasses
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Assembling the Brownies and Cookies. Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Roll out the cookie dough to 1/4" thickness, then use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Gently place the gingerbread cookie shapes on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs (not wet batter).
- Keep in mind that the baking time may vary, so start checking at the 20-minute mark.
- Cool and Slice. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before slicing them into squares. This helps the flavors meld and ensures a better texture.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.