This keto lava cake is incredibly decadent, chocolatey, rich, moist, and creamy. At only 4g net carbs you can serve it with your favorite low carb ice-cream! Make low carb lava cake that melts in your mouth in less than 20 minutes.
Having a sweet tooth on a keto diet is one of the main reasons why people give up and indulge in sugary processed foods. Cutting the sugar out of the diet doesn’t have to be boring and fad.
Our brain is addicted to being fuelled by glucose, but by switching to the most stable fuel, ketones you will have energy all day long, and your cravings will go away.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make a delicious keto lava cake and surprise your guests with a sugar-free dessert!
- Low Carb, Moist Keto Lava Cake
- What is Keto Lava Cake?
- Is Lava Cake Keto?
- Why is This Keto Lava Cake the Best Recipe?
- A Sugar-free, Grain-free Keto Lava Cake You Will Love
- Ingredients for Keto Lava Cake
- How to Make Keto Lava Cake?
- Tips For Making The Best Keto Lava Cake
- Toppings for Keto Chocolate Lava Cake
- Storing Ideas For This Keto Lava Cake
- Can you make Dairy Free Keto Lava Cake?
- Carbs in Low Carb Lava Cake
- How Many Servings are in this Keto Lava Cake?
- Looking for More Keto Chocolate Desserts? Try these:
- The Best Keto Lava Cake
Low Carb, Moist Keto Lava Cake
Dessert on the keto diet is definitely a good idea if we use the right kind of low-carb flours and keto-approved sweeteners.
My first dessert, I’ve ever made on my ketogenic journey was a one-minute chocolate mug cake brownie. I could eat it every day and still hit my macros perfectly.
After having such great success with a keto dessert, I wanted to move forward and bake a low carb dessert. I searched for desserts and found plenty of keto alternatives.
Some of my favorite desserts include chocolate of course, and you seem to resonate with me too. Have you tried my keto brownies with almond flour? They are one of the most loved desserts on this blog!
I’m experimenting with lots of flours lately: coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed flour and I noticed they are very different and it is pretty difficult to substitute one for another in the low carb recipes.
What is Keto Lava Cake?
Keto Lava cake is a low-carb dessert made with cocoa powder instead of wheat flour and keto-approved sweetener instead of white sugar. It is tasty, moist, and tastes just like a classic lava cake.
Is Lava Cake Keto?
Regular lava cake is not keto because it’s made with wheat flour, sugar, and chocolate that’s super high in carbs.
Why is This Keto Lava Cake the Best Recipe?
- Ultra molten, rich and loaded with chocolate flavor.
- Only 4g net carbs per lava cake
- It’s completely grain-free and gluten-free + you can make it dairy-free.
- It takes less than 20 minutes to make from scratch.
A Sugar-free, Grain-free Keto Lava Cake You Will Love
The Keto Lava Cake will embrace your tastebuds. It’s a moist, sweet, fluffy, creamy, and warm lava cake.
This recipe doesn’t require any kind of low carb flours. You can serve it plain, straight out of the oven, or add a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.
Most ice cream on the market is 4g of carbs per huge scoop (make sure you read labels). The best option would be to make low carb ice cream at home. Here are some of my favorite keto ice cream brands!
Imagine the molten center of the lava cake and the melty vanilla ice cream joining together to bring you happiness.
Probably one of the best keto desserts you have ever eaten. It will definitely be loved by all the non-keto members of the family or friends. This keto lava cake satisfies a sweet tooth better than any other sweet dessert.
Ingredients for Keto Lava Cake
This delicious keto lava cake recipe calls for only 6 ingredients you may already have in your pantry. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
- Cocoa Powder – make sure that you use the best quality cocoa you can find. Cocoa powder is used both instead of flour, but it still adds intense chocolate flavor.
- Eggs – make sure that you use room-temperature eggs. We’ll use 2 whole eggs to make 2 servings.
- Heavy Cream – Keeps the center of the lava cake moist and soft on the exterior.
- Sweetener – I used erythritol for this recipe, but you can use your favorite low carb sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract – adds depth of flavor, and if you’re using a high-quality extract, this keto lava cake tastes incredible.
- Baking Powder – makes the keto lava cake super fluffy.
How to Make Keto Lava Cake?
To make this keto lava cake you have to follow just a few simple steps. Essentially, start by gathering all the ingredients needed, then:
- Mix the dry ingredients, then add the eggs, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Once you have a smooth batter, grease some ramekins with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or just until the top of the cake looks set.
- Remove from the oven and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Lava Cake
- Bake the lava cake at a high temperature for a relatively short time.
- Serve the lava cake while it is still hot. Otherwise, the chocolate will harden inside.
- Use 6 ounce ramekins to make lava cake. If you don’t have any grease a few muffin pan cups and dust with cocoa powder to prevent the cakes from sticking.
- Add some instant coffee to the batter to enhance the chocolate flavor..
- Make sure that you don’t overcook the keto lava cake! Overbaking will result in a drier, crumblier texture rather than gooey, and moist.
If you make the recipe I would be delighted to see how your lava cake turned out!
Toppings for Keto Chocolate Lava Cake
Once the lava cake is warm and ready to enjoy, get creative and add your favorite toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- keto ice cream
- fresh berries a cup of ice cream
- peanut butter
- whipped cream
- homemade keto caramel
Storing Ideas For This Keto Lava Cake
- Fridge: This dessert lThis dessert looks perfect when we still serve it warm, but you can store it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to three days. Reheat in for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.
- Freezer: it is not recommended to freeze them because they will lose their texture.
Can you make Dairy Free Keto Lava Cake?
Yes, just use unsweetened canned coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make the best paleo lava cake.
Carbs in Low Carb Lava Cake
One lava cake has a total of 8g of carbs, but only 4g NET carbs.
- Calories: 192kcal
- Carbs: 8g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
To find out the NET carbs just subtract the fiber grams from the total carb count.
How Many Servings are in this Keto Lava Cake?
The recipe yields 2 servings. A serving is an entire lava cake.
Looking for More Keto Chocolate Desserts? Try these:
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Chocolate Orange Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
The Best Keto Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F°/180°C. Grease 2 ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat well the eggs with a fork. Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine together until you get a pourable consistency.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top is set but still moist.
- Turn out onto plates and serve hot!
- Make sure you are using high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- If you want to serve your lava cake on a plate, make sure you are greasing very well the ramekins.
- Try not to overbake the lava cake, to get the gooey pudding texture.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: