This keto lava cake is the best keto dessert! It’s incredibly chocolatey, rich, moist and creamy. At only 4g net carbs you can serve it with your favorite low carb ice-cream! It’s ready in less than 20 minutes, and it’s perfect for a party or a festive event! Or to enjoy whenever you want!
Having a sweet tooth on a keto diet is one of the main reasons why people give up and indulge in sugary processed foods. Cutting the sugar out of the diet doesn’t have to be boring and fad.
Our brain is addicted to being fuelled by glucose, but switching to the most stable fuel, ketones you will have energy all day long, and your cravings will go away.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make a delicious keto lava cake and surprise your guests with a sugar-free dessert!
Low Carb, Moist Keto Lava Cake
Dessert on the keto diet is definitely a good idea if we use the right kind of low-carb flours and keto-approved sweeteners.
My first dessert, I’ve ever made on my ketogenic journey was a one-minute chocolate mug cake brownie. I could eat it every day and still hit my macros perfectly.
After having such great success with a keto dessert, I wanted to move forward and bake a low carb dessert. I searched for desserts and found plenty of keto alternatives.
Some of my favorite desserts include chocolate of course, and you seem to resonate with me too. Have you tried my keto brownies with almond flour? They are one of the most loved desserts on this blog!
I’m experimenting with lots of flours lately: coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed flour and I noticed they are very different and it is pretty difficult to sub one for another in the low carb recipes.
A sugar-free, grain-free, keto lava cake you will love
The Keto Lava Cake will embrace your tastebuds. It’s a moist, very sweet, fluffy, creamy and warm lava cake.
This recipe doesn’t require any kind of low carb flours. You can serve it plain, straight out of the oven or add a scoop of your favorite ice-cream.
Most ice-cream on the market are 4g of carbs per a huge scoop (make sure you read labels). The best option would be to make low carb ice-cream at home.
Imagine the molten center of the lava cake and the melty vanilla ice cream joining together to bring you happiness.
Probably one of the best keto desserts you have ever eaten. It will definitely be loved by all the non-keto members of the family or friends. This keto lava cake satisfies a sweet tooth better than any other sweet dessert.
Ingredients for the keto lava cake
You will only need a few simple low carb ingredients:
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sweetener (erythritol)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to make keto lava cake?
- The instructions are very simple. Mix all the ingredients until a slightly thick batter is formed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or just until the top of the cake looks set.
- Remove from the oven and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
If you make the recipe I would be delighted to see how your lava cake turned out!
Frequently asked questions
What is keto lava cake?
Keto Lava cake is a low-carb dessert made with cocoa powder instead of wheat flour and keto-approved sweetener instead of the white unhealthy sugar. It is tasty, moist and creamy.
Can the keto lava cake be dairy-free (paleo)?
Yes, just use unsweetened canned coconut milk instead of the heavy whipping cream.
How many carbs are in the low-carb lava cake?
One lava cake has a total of 8g of carbs, but only 4g NET carbs.
- Calories: 192kcal
- Carbs: 8g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
To find out the NET carbs just subtract the fiber grams from the total carb count.
How many servings are in this keto dessert recipe?
The recipe yields 2 servings. One serving is an entire lava cake.
The Best Keto Lava Cake – Low Carb Molten Mug Cake with only 4g Carbs
- Preheat oven to 350F°/180°C. Grease 2 ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat well the eggs with a fork. Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine together until you get a pourable consistency.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top is set but still moist.
- Turn out onto plates and serve hot!
- Make sure you are using high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- If you want to serve your lava cake on a plate, make sure you are greasing very well the ramekins.
- Try not to overbake the lava cake, to get the gooey pudding texture.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: