This Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe is a super quick and flavorful fall low carb dessert that’s easy to make in just 3 minutes. If you love pumpkin, this gluten-free mug cake is the way to get that pumpkin fix. And it’s only 4g net carbs per serving!
I’m always impressed with how quick and easy it’s to make a keto dessert in a mug. It takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish, and you get to enjoy a grain-free tasty pumpkin mug cake. Before keto, I wasn’t a fan of mug cakes as I didn’t like the spongy texture, but keto mug cakes are way better, super fluffy, and buttery!
Today’s star is this single-serve healthy sugar-free pumpkin mug cake that screams FALL, and you can top with homemade whipped cream or chocolate chips.
By the way, if you enjoy this recipe, you can find more festive keto recipes, perfect for holidays in my new The Keto Holidays 40+ recipes e-cookbook.
Thanksgiving is so close, and all you can think is of that pumpkin bread you can’t wait to devour? Well, while on my blog, I have a recipe for a delicious keto pumpkin bread you have to try, this single-serving keto pumpkin mug cake tastes the same.
It’s so delicious and so fast! A classic pumpkin bread takes more than one hour to bake. This sugar-free pumpkin mug cake takes less than 3 minutes.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Pumpkin Puree – Canned or homemade, make sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling that loaded with sugar.
- Butter – Melted butter is the best here as it adds such a tasty buttery flavor. You can use coconut oil if you’re looking for a dairy-free pumpkin mug cake alternative. The texture is similar if using either of these fats, but there will be a slight difference in taste as the coconut oil adds a coconut flavor.
- Eggs – Only one egg is required for this single serving keto dessert in a mug, and it’s best to use a large egg at room temperature. It’s important to use a large egg because when baking with coconut flour. If there’s not enough liquid, the mug cake can become super dry!
- Sweetener – My favorite sweetener to use that has zero after taste is this Monk Fruit Blend that can be used to replace sugar in any recipe. For a paleo pumpkin mug cake, I recommend the same quantity of coconut sugar of paleo-approved sweetener.
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spice Seasoning – Is what completes the flavor of this pumpkin mug cake and add that delicious fall flavor. I love to use about 1/2 tsp or a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake?
It’s super easy to make this sugar-free keto pumpkin mug cake once you gather all the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, keto sweetener, baking powder, spices, and melted butter. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Next, incorporate the pumpkin puree and coconut flour until a slightly thick and smooth batter starts to form. If the batter looks too thick, add a few tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk or pumpkin milk.
- Cook the cake in a microwave-safe mug for about 2 minutes or until it looks ready.
- Top with sugar-free whipped cream, pumpkin spice, or chocolate chips. Some toasted pecans sound amazing too!
Can I bake this mug cake in the oven?
You can bake this keto pumpkin mug cake in an oven-safe ramekin. Just preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top looks set.
If using the oven, you can make more pumpkin mug cakes are store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Want More Fall Keto Pumpkin Recipes?
My blog is filled with delicious low carb fall recipes, you can try:
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Super Easy Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Fluffy Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- The Ultimate No-Fail Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake – Ready in 3 minutes!
- In a small bowl or microwave-safe mug combine one large egg, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and melted butter.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, and coconut flour. Mix well, so all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to your mug and microwave for 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked.
- Serve your keto mug cake with whipped cream and sprinkle some pumpkin spice.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: