These are the BEST Keto Pumpkin Bars with a sugar-free cream cheese frosting. Enjoy low carb pumpkin bars loaded with amazing pumpkin pie spice flavor that is gluten-free, grain-free, and easy to make.
The outstanding combo of pumpkin puree and homemade pumpkin spice is the best way to start that fall baking marathon.
It’s FALL! You know that that means? It’s the beginning of my favorite season, the most joyful one with delicious food and family gatherings. Let’s start with this fantastic pumpkin bar recipe.
In our little studio, we already started a mini autumn/ fall baking marathon, and we made keto pumpkin pie, low carb pumpkin bread, and of course, we drink tons of keto pumpkin spice lattes. I have a list with at least 15 low carb keto pumpkin recipes you can try this fall.
You have to make these moist and tender paleo bars because they’re incredibly tasty, and you’ll make them again and again.
Ingredients for the Keto Pumpkin Bars
- large eggs
- unsalted butter or coconut oil melted
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- Sweetener – Erythritol (the one I used) or brown sugar alternative
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Bars?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix using an electric mixer the eggs, melted coconut oil or butter, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and granulated sweetener.
- Add the pumpkin puree, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and a touch of salt.
- Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top looks set.
- Make the cream cheese frosting and top keto bars. Enjoy!
Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
This super spreadable keto frosting is made of cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sweetener, and a delicious touch of cinnamon. The consistency of the frosting should be slightly thick and airy.
Make sure the pumpkin bars are completely cooled down because if the cake is only slightly warm, the frosting will melt. Patience is key, even if you’re excited to enjoy the best low carb pumpkin bars.
It’s important to make the frosting just when needed or keep refrigerated for no more than 2 days. I love fresh keto frosting because it’s easy to spread on the cake.
Delicious Recipe Variations
Here are a few ways to improve this pumpkin bars recipe: …
- Add nuts: My favorite are chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Sprinkle powdered sweetener and cinnamon instead of the frosting.
- Mix in some sugar-free chocolate chips or sprinkle them on top just before baking. About 1/2 cup of chocolate chips is just enough to
- Add a chai flavor to these keto pumpkin bars by replacing pumpkin pie spice with cardamom, allspice, and black pepper.
What pumpkin puree to use
My favorite pumpkin puree that I love to use is this popular canned 100% pure pumpkin from Libby’s. The texture is super smooth, has a bright orange color, a pleasant sweet taste, sugar-free only 7g net carbs per 1/2 cup.
I’m also a huge fan of homemade pumpkin puree, which I highly encourage you to do since it can be stored in the freezer.
By the way, if you enjoy this recipe, you can find more festive keto recipes, perfect for holidays in my new The Keto Holidays 40+ recipes e-cookbook.
More Keto Pumpkin Recipes
- Fluffy Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake • Ready in 3 minutes!
- Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes (Low Carb, Keto, Paleo)
The BEST Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 3 eggs, melted coconut oil or butter , vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, granulated sweetener. Use an electric mixer and beat the ingredients for about 2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add the pumpkin puree and continue mixing.
- Incroporate the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder until a slightly thick batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow the keto pumpkin bars to completely to cool down (only if making cream cheese frosting).
Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, add softened cream cheese, room temperature butter, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Spread the frosting on top of the keto pumpkin bars. Allow cooling for at least 1 hour in the fridge. Cut into 16 pieces, sprinkle cinnamon or toasted pecan pieces on top. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: