Ready in 30 minutes and made from easy and naturally low-carb ingredients, this Mediterranean Chicken Skillet is a quick dinner that consists of pan-seared breast smothered in a refreshing and delicious tomato sauce.
Just think about a tender chicken breast covered in a delicious sauce that can be served with many side dishes to make a complete meal. Trust me when I tell you that your whole family will love this recipe.
If you love those one-skillet meals, which require only a few dishes to clean, then I am sure you will also like our one-skillet creamy Tuscan chicken, creamy chicken marsala, marry me chicken, and chicken florentine.
- What Is a Mediterranean Chicken Skillet?
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ingredients For This Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- How To Make This Delicious Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Storing Ideas
- Serving Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Chicken Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
What Is a Mediterranean Chicken Skillet?
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet is a dish cooked in one skillet made from tender seared chicken breasts covered with a delicious lemon sauce or tomato sauce with capers, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and black olives.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Ready in only 30 minutes.
- It’s a versatile recipe. It can be served with many side dishes.
- Contain only 5g net carbs per serving.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- You don’t need expensive ingredients to make this recipe.
Ingredients For This Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
If you love chicken and Mediterranean flavors, you will love this delicious and easy-to-make recipe. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast – you can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Olive Oil – you can also use any other oil with a mild taste, like avocado oil.
- Onion Powder – you can replace it with garlic powder or skip it.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for a more intense flavor.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Onion & Garlic – add a unique and fresh flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes – you can also use fresh tomatoes and sauce to add sweetness and flavor to the dish.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Sun-dried tomatoes make this recipe flavourful and tangy. Pay attention to the amount of salt you use since sun-dried tomatoes can be quite salty.
- Capers – They’re full of flavor and will make the dish more delicious.
- Feta Cheese – use good and high-quality feta cheese.
- Olives – black olives are the best for this recipe, but you can also use green ones.
How To Make This Delicious Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
This chicken recipe, coated in a creamy and refreshing tomato sauce, is ready in under 35 minutes from start to finish. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by mixing all the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Cook the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken breast and sprinkle it with the seasoning mix.
- Cook the chicken for about 6-7 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate.
- Make the sauce. Add the onion and Garlic to the same skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes, then add the chicken breast and cover it with the sauce.
- Cook everything for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and black olives on top of it and enjoy.
- Fridge – You can store the leftovers in an airtight container and the fridge for about five days.
- Freezer – You can also store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Usually, when I make this recipe, I like to enjoy it with a slice of keto bread. But if you want to make a complete meal, many side dishes pair perfectly with this Mediterranean chicken skillet. Here are some great ideas:
- Cauliflower Rice
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic Butter Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Vegetables
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Substitute Chicken Breast?
Sure, you can use any kind of chicken meat you want. For example, I used chicken breasts, but if you want to make this recipe with chicken thighs, go ahead!
What Are Capers? Are They Keto?
Capers are the unripe buds of a perennial plant native to the Mediterranean. The bud is then pickled in wine, vinegar, or brine. And yes, capers are a keto-friendly ingredient, and if you like them as much as we do, you should try this Chicken Piccata recipe.
How To Reheat Leftovers?
You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or stovetop for two minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this chicken recipe by preparing it and storing it in the fridge. Then when you have a busy day, prepare the sauce to add the chicken and enjoy.
How Do I Know If My Chicken Is Cooked?
An instant-read thermometer is the best solution for checking if your chicken breast is cooked. So insert it into the thickest part of the chicken breast, and if it reads 165°F, you will know that your chicken is perfectly cooked.
More Chicken Recipes
- Keto Chicken Curry – It’s the best recipe that’s quick to make, even on those busy days.
- Easy Chicken Piccata – The chicken breast is tender, and the sauce it’s perfectly tangy.
- Marry Me Chicken – It’s a quick and easy crowd-pleaser chicken recipe.
- Million Dollar Chicken Casserole – Made with simple ingredients, it comes together super quickly.
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Add the chicken breast to a large bowl and season with onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything to combine well.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breast and cook until brown on each side(for about 10 minutes). Remove from the pan and set them aside.
- Prepare the sauce. Add onions and garlic to the same skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers. Stir everything well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Bring the chicken breast back to the skillet and cover it with sauce.
- Cook everything for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Top with black olives and feta cheese. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: