Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is a super quick and easy side dish that no one can resist. Ready in less than 30 minutes, these baked cauliflower bites are crisp-tender perfection.
Made using only low carb ingredients and roasted in the oven, this parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe is a keto-friendly recipe that is extremely easy to make and pairs well with so many main meals.
In my opinion, this is the easiest and most delicious way to cook cauliflower. Just think about it: some crispy and cheesy cauliflower florets that are baked to perfection.
Not only do I love this baked veggie with parmesan, but there are almost no dishes to clean, and it’s a fantastic way to include more vegetables in the weekly menu.
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make the parmesan roasted cauliflower.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Yes, cauliflower is one of the best low carb vegetables to have on a keto diet. Actually, cauliflower is a popular vegetable in the keto world since it’s used instead of potatoes in many recipes. Cauliflower is also low in calories, carbs and has a mild flavor compared to broccoli or radishes.
Also, cauliflower is a vegetable that can be used to replace high carb foods such as hummus, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Ingredients For This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
You will need only a few common ingredients to create this delicious side dish.
- Cauliflower – you will need a medium-sized cauliflower head cut into bite-sized florets.
- Parmesan Cheese – I like to use freshly grated parmesan.
- Egg – make sure that it is well beaten.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste. You may also add your favorite seasonings.
- Garlic Powder – You can replace it with the same amount of onion powder.
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
If you follow these easy next steps, you will end up with a perfectly roasted cauliflower that is deliciously eaten simply as it is, or it can be paired with so many other dishes.
- Start by cutting your cauliflower florets into similar sizes.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with salt, then combine all the dry ingredients.
- Take each cauliflower floret, toss it in the beaten egg, and cover it well with the dry mixture.
- Place the parmesan coated cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 400°F/200°C, or until they are tender and golden brown.
Tips For Making The Perfect Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- When it’s almost cooked, sprinkle some additional parmesan to make it even more delicious.
- Cook the cauliflower on high heat. Low heat does not give that desired taste and texture.
- You can add some olive oil or melted butter over the cauliflower florets before baking them.
- Don’t line the pan with parchment paper or foil, so the florets caramelize in direct contact with the hot sheet pan.
Can I Make This Recipe On Air Fryer?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe on an air fryer. Just prepare your cauliflower florets as I did in this recipe, then place them in the air fryer basket and cook for about 20 minutes at 390F.
I like to sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the cauliflower florets when they are almost done. Make sure to turn them on the other side halfway through the cooking time.
How To Properly Cut Cauliflower
- Start by cutting the leaves.
- Then cut the stem of the cauliflower with a sharp knife.
- Now you can break your florets. With your fingers, break the cauliflower into big florets. You can also cut them, but make sure that you remove any long stems.
How To Serve Roasted Cauliflower
This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is perfect as a side dish or an appetizer with a dipping sauce. But you can also pair it with:
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
How To Store These Parmesan Roasted Cauliflowers
- Fridge: They can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Freezer: Fortunately, this is freeze friendly recipe. After the cauliflower florets are cooled completely, place them onto a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Then transfer to a freezer-safe plastic bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat it in the oven or microwave when ready to enjoy.
You can make this recipe vegan by replacing some ingredients with vegan ones:
- For example, replace parmesan with almond meal and nutritional yeast.
- Replace parmesan cheese with homemade vegan parmesan.
- You can skip the egg mixture and coat the florets in avocado oil.
- For a spicy taste, you can add some red chili pepper flakes.
Looking For More Cauliflower Recipes? Try these:
If you haven’t cooked cauliflower yet, then you should start with these delicious and easy recipes:
- The Best Loaded Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon
- Garlic Butter Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower Hummus
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200°C.
- Ia a small bowl, beat the eggs, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Dip cauliflower florets in the egg mixture, then coat with the parmesan and seasoning mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the parmesan coated cauliflower bites to the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: