This Tex-Mex chicken and zucchini recipe is a quick and easy dinner idea, ready in just 30 minutes, that’s super creamy. Cooked in just one pan, it offers a mouthwatering blend of flavors, perfect for a busy weekday.
So spice up your dinner routine and make this delicious Tex-Mex chicken recipe! The combination of tender chicken and zucchini cooked in a flavorful blend of Tex-Mex spices and ingredients will surely become a new favorite.
Served with your favorite side dish, this chicken recipe it’s a healthy dinner idea packed with protein and healthy vegetables, making it a great option for those watching their diet.
I love making one skillet meals that everyone loves, such as Marry Me Chicken, Chicken Florentine,or Easy Crack Slaw Recipe
Why Are You Going To Love This Chicken And Zucchini Recipe
- You can make it ahead of time, and perfect for meal prep. Feel free to double this recipe and store it in the freezer.
- Made from easy-to-find ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can serve it for lunch or dinner with your family.
- A delicious way to include vegetables in your diet.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to add your favorite veggies to this recipe.
- Loaded with delicious flavors and textures.
- It’s a healthy and extremely easy-to-make recipe.
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Chicken Breast – you will need boneless chicken breast cut into equal pieces.
- Olive Oil – you can replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Zucchini – feel free to use any summer squash you have on hand.
- Bell Peppers – you can use a mix of red and yellow bell pepper to boost color.
- Onion – one large onion finely chopped.
- Garlic Cloves – use fresh minced garlic for an intense flavor.
- Corn – feel free to choose from frozen, fresh, or canned corn.
- Beans – use your favorite type of beans for this recipe.
- Diced Tomatoes Can –you can buy them or use fresh tomatoes and sauce to add flavor to the recipe.
- Taco Seasoning – you can buy it or make a delicious homemade taco seasoning.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Mozzarella Cheese – you can replace it with your favorite type of shredded cheese.
- Green Onions – to garnish.
How To Make This Tex-Mex Chicken And Zucchini
You will love how easy it is to make this recipe and its incredibly delicious result. Here is everything you have to do:
Sautee Onion And Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
Cook The Chicken Breast
Cut the chicken breast into equal pieces, then add them over the onion and garlic.
Cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side until golden brown. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning and mix until well combined.
Add The Vegetables
Add the chopped bell pepper and zucchini over the chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring until the vegetables are slightly tender.
Add the corn, beans, and diced tomatoes to the chicken and vegetable mixture. Stir until well combined and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add The Cheese
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, cover with a lid, and cook for a few minutes until the cheese it’s completely melted.
Garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!!
Tips And Variations For This Recipe
- You can season this chicken recipe with your favorite dried herbs for a more intense flavor.
- Try cutting your vegetables into the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, like broccoli and mushrooms.
- Add one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes for a spicy Tex-Mex chicken and zucchini recipe.
How To Serve?
You can enjoy this one pan chicken recipe as simple as it is, but you can also pair it with your favorite side dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Use as filling for tacos or burritos, then add your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
- Serve it with rice, quinoa, or tortillas for a complete meal.
- Pair the chicken and zucchini with traditional Mexican sides like refried beans, Mexican rice, or grilled corn on the cob for a complete Tex-Mex feast.
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Fridge: you can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze: I do not recommend freezing this Tex-Mex chicken zucchini recipe since the zucchini will become mushy once thawed.
- To rehea:: Simmer on low in a skillet for 5-10 minutes covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Cooked Chicken In This Recipe?
Sure, actually, this recipe is great for cooked chicken leftovers. First, prepare and cook the vegetables as we did in this recipe, then add the cooked chicken bites once with the beans, corn, and tomatoes and continue cooking according to this recipe.
Can I Make This Tex-Mex Chicken And Zucchini Recipe In Advance?
Sure, prepare this chicken and zucchini as we did in this recipe, then store it in the fridge and enjoy it when you are struggling with a busy day.
More Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet Dinner
Tex-Mex Chicken And Zucchini
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chopped onion and minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken bites over the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the corn, beans, and diced tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheesem and cheddar cheese, cover with a lid, and cook until the cheese it's completely melted.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: