This chicken pot pie soup is super smooth, rich, and filling. It’s a comforting and hearty chicken soup loaded with tender chicken breast, vegetables, and a creamy broth.
If you are looking for the best cold-weather comfort food, you’ve come to the right place; this chicken pot pie soup is the perfect cozy and creamy recipe for a weeknight dinner. It has all the flavors from a classic chicken pot pie and is extremely easy to make.
You will love this chicken pot pie soup since it’s a great weeknight meal that’s super easy to make and has only a few net carbs per serving.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- How To Make This Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Tips For Making The Best Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Topping Ideas For This Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Storing Ideas
- How To Serve This Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Easy Soup Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Why Are You Going To Love This Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- It’s super easy to make in one pot.
- It has all the flavors of chicken pot pie but with fewer carbs.
- You can make it ahead of time since it tastes even better the next day.
- It’s super creamy and silky
Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Another great thing about this recipe is that it requires a few super common and cheap ingredients. Here is a list with everything you will need:
- Chicken Breast – use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Carrots – carrots complete the flavors perfectly in this soup.
- Celery – freshly chopped celery will give this soup a distinct flavor.
- Peas – you can use either fresh or frozen peas.
- Garlic – you can also use garlic powder, but fresh garlic will give an intense flavor to the soup.
- Onion – finely chopped yellow onion.
- Butter – use unsalted butter for cooking the onion, garlic, and chicken. You can also replace it with olive oil.
- Chicken Broth – is used to complete the soup’s flavor. Vegetable broth can also be used instead.
- Heavy Cream – use full-fat heavy whipping cream to make this soup super creamy and delicious.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is super easy to make by following some simple steps. I choose to make it in advance to enjoy it on those busy days. Here is everything you have to do:
Melt the butter in a pot over medium-high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in the carrots and celery.
Cut the chicken breast, add it over the onion and garlic, then add the seasonings and cook until the chicken it is cooked through.
Pour the chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- You can skip the carrots or substitute them with any other of your favorite low-carb vegetables if you want to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in this chicken pot pie soup recipe.
- Shred the cheddar cheese at home because it has a better flavor than store-bought pre-shredded cheese that contains starches.
Topping Ideas For This Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Although it seems impossible, this keto chicken pot pie soup can be even more delicious if you serve it with additional toppings. Here are some great ideas:
- Crumbled Bacon
- Shredded cheddar
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Jalapeno Slices
- Fridge: This delicious keto chicken pot pie soup can be stored in the fridge for 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: You can also freeze this keto chicken pot pie soup in individual serving for up to six months in an airtight container.
How To Serve This Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup can be served simply as it is or paired differently. Here are our favorite ones:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Chicken Pot Pie Soup Keto-Friendly?
Regular chicken pot pie soups are not keto because they are thickened using wheat flour and then are topped with a biscuit or a pie crust that is not gluten-free.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this Keto Chicken pot pie soup is perfect for making it ahead of time. So make a double batch of this recipe and divide it into individual servings to last a few days stored in the fridge.
Can I Make This Recipe With Another Type Of Meat?
Sure, this recipe is also great if you use chicken tenders, skinless chicken thighs, or even chicken tenders. You can also make this recipe using leftover turkey.
Can I Make This Recipe In A Dairy-Free Version?
Sure, if you want to make a dairy-free version of this soup, you can skip the cheddar cheese and replace the heavy cream with coconut cream.
Can I Make This Recipe In A Slow Cooker?
Sure, you will have to sauté the vegetables first for a more intense flavor, then add the rest of the ingredients, except the heavy cream, and cook over low for 4 hours, then whisk the heavy cream in the last 30 minutes.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe – Perfect low carb keto soup to make for those chilly days!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup – It’s the perfect low carb dinner because it’s hearty, full of vegetables ,and fuss-free.
- Keto Cheeseburger Soup – it’s extra rich and creamy, super comforting, and loaded with flavor.
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup – Make the best low carb soup in less than 30 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner that everyone will love.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in diced celery and carrots. Continue stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken breast. Season with salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning. Cook until almonst cooked through.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer on low for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: