Avocado Brownies are super fudgy, rich, and heavenly chocolatey. You’ll never guess that there’s avocado in the batter. Enjoy a decadent gluten-free brownie made with wholesome ingredients using only your food processor. Only 3g net carbs a square!
Avocados are loaded with nutrients and good fats, but not everyone loves them. If you’re trying to eat more avocado, the greatest and most creative way to hide avocado is to incorporate it into a delicious keto dessert. Usually avocado can replace butter to make low-calorie desserts or even eggs. It makes the best creamy desserts such as my favorite sugar-free chocolate avocado mousse.
I can’t wait to show you exactly how to make these keto avocado brownies because once you try them you’ll want to have them every day. These low carb avocado brownies are moist, chocolatey, and very rich.
I am a huge fan of chocolate, in fact, I’ve always been. I could devour a batch of brownies in seconds. And I love baking!
That’s why on this blog you can find tons of brownies such as classic keto brownies, coconut flour brownies, and even cheesecake brownies or keto peanut brownies recipe. What can I say? I’m a devoted brownies fan!
If you are looking for a healthier dessert that includes chocolate I suggest you try these avocado brownies.
Watch our quick step-by-step recipe video showing how easy it is to make them using only a food processor.
- Ingredients for Paleo Avocado Brownies
- How to Make Easy Grain-Free Avocado Brownies?
- Tips for the Best Keto Avocado Brownies?
- Is avocado healthy?
- Why Add Avocado In Brownies?
- How to Store Keto AvocadoBrownies
- Other Keto Chocolate Desserts You Might Like
- Healthy Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe – Keto & Paleo
Ingredients for Paleo Avocado Brownies
- Avocado – To make sure his brownies taste incredible, choose a ripe avocado that’s super creamy.
- Eggs – Large eggs are needed to bind all the ingredients. If you’re allergic to eggs, replace them with chia egg or flax eggs to make the best vegan avocado brownies.
- Cocoa powder – using high-quality cocoa powder is mandatory for these brownies to taste as rich as possible.
- Almond flour – To replace classic white flour, replace it with blanched superfine almond flour. The uninquie qualitues of almond flour make it unreplaceable in this recipe, so if you want to use a different keto flour, you may have to adjust the entire recipe.
- Sweetener – depending on the lifestyle you’re following, use an appropriate sweetener such as Erythritol, Monkfruit, Allulose, or Coconut Sugar(not low carb!).
- Coconut oil – If you’re not a fan of coconut taste, use refined coconut oil because it has zero coconut taste. You can also use softened unsalted butter.
- Dark chocolate– There are many brands of chocolate that have keto ingredients and are sugar-free. When choosing a low carb chocolate, make sure the percentage of cocoa is above 80%.
How to Make Easy Grain-Free Avocado Brownies?
Are you ready to learn how to make easy avocado brownies? Let me show you how easy it’s to make brownies healthy with this easy recipe. It takes less than 10 minutes to prep in your food processor, but you can use a mixing bowl as well!
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. I own a cheap food processor and it does the job perfectly.
- Transfer the chocolate avocado batter to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. You can top with sugar free chocolate chips and walnuts if you desire.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until you healthy chocolate brownies are ready to enjoy!
Tips for the Best Keto Avocado Brownies?
- Make sure your avocados are ripe and creamy. You’ll need 1 1/2 cup of avocado or about two medium-large fruits.
- Use a high-quality vanilla extract – I love to use this brand because it gives such a pleasant vanilla taste.
- Use enough cacao powder to avoid the brownies taste eggy.
- The avocado brownie batter should have a thicker consistency than regular brownie batter. Please watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste – Depending on the chocolate you’re using these healthy brownies may have a different level of sweetness. I love them to be not super sweet. Keep in mind that altering the amount of sweetener can change the consistency of the end product.
- Any granulated sweetener works I recommend using some erythritol blend and do not use STEVIA extract because when baked it tends to become very bitter. If you are following a paleo diet, you can use coconut sugar.
Most of the time I share all the recipes I make with my family and ask for honest opinions. So this time, after dinner I gave each a keto brownie to taste and asked what they think. They devoured the entire batch without knowing there were avocados in the brownies and asked for more.
Is avocado healthy?
Avocado is a very healthy and creamy fruit with many properties.
Do you know that avocados are high in fiber, healthy fats and contain more potassium than bananas? Well, a medium avocado comes with 160 calories, 7g of fiber, and only 2g net carbs. There’s are tons of other reasons to include avocado in your meal plan.
I love avocado, and I could eat it in any way possible. But, I know that not all of you enjoy avocado as I do. You can disguise it into these delicious low carb brownies and enjoy the health benefits without eating the green fruit as it is.
Trust me, I love baking and eating healthy brownies. My latest keto brownies post went viral, and many of you tried and liked that recipe.
Why Add Avocado In Brownies?
Avocado gives the brownies a super-rich and fudgy texture. Don’t worry about these brownies tasting like avocado because it’s well masked by the dark chocolate, chocolate powder, and sweetener.
What other tips should I include? If you try my healthy avocado brownies, let me know because I’d love to feature you here!
How to Store Keto AvocadoBrownies
- Refrigerate—store brownies leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To Freeze – Allow the brownies to completely cool, then wrap individual brownies in parchment paper to make sure they won’t stick. They last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Other Keto Chocolate Desserts You Might Like
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe – Keto & Paleo
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 350F.
- Line with parchment paper an 8×8-inch baking pan covering the bottom and the sides.
- In a food processor blend the avocado, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
- Melt the coconut oil with the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the avocado.
- Add in the sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder. Blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer the avocado brownie batter to the baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes then slice into 12 pieces.
- This recipe yields 12 delicious avocado brownies square, each for 3g net carbs.
- Use room temperature large eggs.
- You can add nuts or seeds for some extra crunch.
- These brownies are slightly sweet. If you prefer them sweeter desserts, increase the sweetener amount.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to one month.
- Almond flour may be replaced with hazelnut or pecan flour. Coconut flour or any flour will not work in this recipe.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: