Healthy Avocado Brownies are super fudgy, a chocolate heaven full of healthy fats. You’ll never guess that there’s avocado in the batter. Enjoy a low carb, keto, sugar-free and grain-free dessert that’s perfect for paleo and vegetarian diets.
Watch our quick step by step recipe video showing how easy it is to make them using only a food processor.
The greatest and most creative way to hide avocado into a delicious keto dessert. I can’t wait to show you exactly how to make these avocado brownies because once you try them you’ll want to have it every day. These brownies are moist, chocolatey and a very rich consistency.
I am a huge fan of chocolate, in fact, I’ve always been. I could devour a batch of brownies in seconds or a bar of chocolate. If you are looking for a healthier dessert that includes chocolate I suggest you try these avocado brownies.
HEALTHY BROWNIES WITH AVOCADO
Most of the times I share all the recipes I make with my family and ask for honest opinions. So this time, after dinner I gave each a keto brownie to taste and asked what they think. They devoured the entire batch without knowing there were avocados in the brownies and asked for more.
Avocado is a very healthy and creamy fruit with many properties. Do you know that avocados are high in fiber, healthy fats and contain more potassium than bananas? Well, a medium avocado comes with 160 calories, 7g of fiber and only 2g net carbs. There’s are tons of other reasons to include avocado in your meal plan.
I love avocado, and I could eat it in any way possible. But, I know that not all of you enjoy avocado as I do. You can disguise it into these delicious low carb brownies and enjoy the health benefits without eating the green fruit as it is.
Trust me, I love baking and eating healthy brownies. My latest keto brownies post went viral, and many of your tried and liked that recipe.
Avocado gives the brownies a super rich and fudgy texture. Don’t worry about these brownies tasting like avocado because it’s well masked by the dark chocolate, chocolate powder, and sweetener.
Tips for fudgy avocado brownies:
- Make sure your avocados are ripe and creamy. You’ll need 1 1/2 cup of avocado or about two medium-large fruits.
- Use a high-quality vanilla extract – I love to use this brand because it gives such a pleasant vanilla taste.
- Use enough cacao powder to avoid the brownies taste eggy.
- The avocado brownie batter should have a thicker consistency than regular brownie batter. Please watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste – Depending on the chocolate you’re using these healthy brownies may have a different level of sweetness. I love them to be not super sweet. Keep in mind that altering the amount of sweetener can change the consistency of the end product.
- Any granulated sweetener works I recommend using some erythritol blend and do not use STEVIA extract because when baked it tends to become very bitter. If you are following a paleo diet, you can use coconut sugar.
What other tips should I include? If you try my healthy avocado brownies, let me know because I’d love to feature you here!
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe - Keto & Paleo
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 350F.
- Line with parchment paper an 8x8-inch baking pan covering the bottom and the sides.
- In a food processor blend the avocado, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
- Melt the coconut oil with the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the avocado.
- Add in the sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder. Blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer the avocado brownie batter to the baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes then slice into 12 pieces.