Healthy Avocado Brownies are super fudgy, a chocolate heaven full of healthy fats. You’ll never guess that there’s avocado in the batter. Enjoy a low carb, keto, sugar-free and grain-free dessert that’s perfect for paleo and vegetarian diets.
Watch our quick step by step recipe video showing how easy it is to make them using only a food processor.
The greatest and most creative way to hide avocado into a delicious keto dessert. I can’t wait to show you exactly how to make these avocado brownies because once you try them you’ll want to have it every day. These brownies are moist, chocolatey and very rich consistency.
I am a huge fan of chocolate, in fact, I’ve always been. I could devour a batch of brownies in seconds or a bar of chocolate. If you are looking for a healthier dessert that includes chocolate I suggest you try these avocado brownies.
Ingredients for keto avocado brownies
- 1 1/2 cup avocado ripe
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp erythritol or more to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut oil refined
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
Why add avocado in brownies?
Most of the times I share all the recipes I make with my family and ask for honest opinions. So this time, after dinner I gave each a keto brownie to taste and asked what they think. They devoured the entire batch without knowing there were avocados in the brownies and asked for more.
Avocado is a very healthy and creamy fruit with many properties. Do you know that avocados are high in fiber, healthy fats and contain more potassium than bananas? Well, a medium avocado comes with 160 calories, 7g of fiber and only 2g net carbs. There’s are tons of other reasons to include avocado in your meal plan.
I love avocado, and I could eat it in any way possible. But, I know that not all of you enjoy avocado as I do. You can disguise it into these delicious low carb brownies and enjoy the health benefits without eating the green fruit as it is.
Trust me, I love baking and eating healthy brownies. My latest keto brownies post went viral, and many of your tried and liked that recipe.
Avocado gives the brownies a super rich and fudgy texture. Don’t worry about these brownies tasting like avocado because it’s well masked by the dark chocolate, chocolate powder, and sweetener.
Tips for the best avocado brownies
- Make sure your avocados are ripe and creamy. You’ll need 1 1/2 cup of avocado or about two medium-large fruits.
- Use a high-quality vanilla extract – I love to use this brand because it gives such a pleasant vanilla taste.
- Use enough cacao powder to avoid the brownies taste eggy.
- The avocado brownie batter should have a thicker consistency than regular brownie batter. Please watch the video to see exactly how it should look.
- Adjust the sweetness to taste – Depending on the chocolate you’re using these healthy brownies may have a different level of sweetness. I love them to be not super sweet. Keep in mind that altering the amount of sweetener can change the consistency of the end product.
- Any granulated sweetener works I recommend using some erythritol blend and do not use STEVIA extract because when baked it tends to become very bitter. If you are following a paleo diet, you can use coconut sugar.
What other tips should I include? If you try my healthy avocado brownies, let me know because I’d love to feature you here!
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe – Keto & Paleo
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 350F.
- Line with parchment paper an 8×8-inch baking pan covering the bottom and the sides.
- In a food processor blend the avocado, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
- Melt the coconut oil with the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the avocado.
- Add in the sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking powder. Blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer the avocado brownie batter to the baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes then slice into 12 pieces.