Ready in just 20 minutes, these chicken meatballs are the best gluten-free and low-carb recipe for a snack or quick meal. Learn how to prepare the best juicy chicken meatballs using only a few healthy ingredients and enjoy them with your favorite sauce or side dish.
These healthy chicken meatballs are a favorite family recipe for a meal-prep since they are full of flavor and super easy to make with only 5 minutes of prep.
Moist, tender, and juicy, these fried meatballs are absolutely delicious and extremely versatile since you can serve them as a snack or at lunch with your favorite side dish to create a complete meal.
Why Are You Going To Love These Fried Chicken Meatballs
- Super easy to make using naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Ready in just 20 minutes.
- Perfect for meal prep.
- You will need only one bowl to prep them.
- Super versatile. You can add your favorite seasonings or herbs.
Ingredients For Chicken Meatballs
You will need only a few healthy ingredients to create these fried chicken meatballs. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Ground Chicken – I used 93-96% lean ground chicken for these fried chicken meatballs. You can also replace the ground chicken with ground turkey meat.
- Keto Bread Crumbs – you can also replace them with the same amount of almond flour.
- Egg – used to bind everything together. Use a large and room-temperature egg for this recipe.
- Parsley – I used fresh chopped parsley for a more intense flavor. You can also replace it with dried parsley.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. You can add your favorite seasonings as well.
- Onion – you will need a medium white onion that’s finely chopped.
How To Make Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs
This simple chicken meatballs recipe is so easy to make from start to finish in just 20 minutes! Here’s how to make these gluten chicken meatballs:
- Prepare the meatball mixture. Add the ground chicken, keto bread crumbs, egg, parsley, onion, and seasonings to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form the meatballs. Roll each piece of meat into a ball using your hand, and place them on a plate.
- Cook the chicken meatballs. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs making sure that you leave some space between them, and cook the meatballs for 5 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the meatballs.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Fried Chicken Meatballs
- Make sure you don’t overmix the mixture. Overmixing will get to dry chicken meatballs.
- When shaping the chicken meatballs, wet your hands with cold water to avoid sticking the mixture to your hands.
- Try shaping the meatballs to the same size(1 inch) to ensure an evenly cooked. To do that, you can use a small cookie scoop.
- You can add some shredded parmesan cheese to the mixture for extra flavor.
- If you want to make some spicy chicken meatballs, add one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes.
- Feel free to add some grated zucchini to the mixture.
- You can use basil leaves or fresh dill instead of parsley.
What To Serve With Chicken Meatballs
- They will pair perfectly with some cauliflower rice or cauliflower mashed potatoes.
- You can eat them in your favorite dipping sauce.
- Make a low-carb tomato sauce and pour it over the meatballs to create an Italian chicken meatballs recipe.
- Make some tzatziki sauce and enjoy the best Greek chicken meatballs you have ever tried.
- Pasta with chicken meatballs. Add your favorite sauce over keto pasta, and enjoy it with these chicken meatballs.
The Best Sauces For Chicken Meatballs
Below is a list of our favorite sauces that pairs perfectly with these no-carb meatballs.
- Fridge: you can store these low-carb chicken meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: these gluten-free meatballs can also be frozen for up to 2 months in a freezer-safe bag or an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Meatballs Keto-Friendly?
Regular meatball recipes are made with breadcrumbs, which makes them too high in carbs for a keto diet.
But you can still enjoy some delicious keto chicken meatballs by making this recipe that calls for a gluten-free binder.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this is another thing about this baked chicken meatballs recipe. Just prepare the mixture as I did, form the meatballs, and freeze them on a baking tray. Next, transfer frozen chicken meatballs to a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How Long To Cook Chicken Meatballs?
Fried chicken meatballs need to be cooked for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown on all sides and firm to the touch.
Can I Make Chicken Meatballs In Air Fryer?
Sure, to make air chicken meatballs prepare and shape the meatballs as we did in this recipe, then cook them in the air fryer in a single layer for 15 minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe In The Oven?
Yes, you can also make baked chicken meatballs by using this recipe. Place the chicken meatballs into a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake them in the oven at 400F/ 200C for 20 minutes.
What Binder Can I Use For These Gluten-Free Low-Carb Chicken Meatballs?
If you are following a keto diet, you need to know that there are many binder options that will help to make the best chicken meatballs. Here are some great ideas:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pork Rinds
Got Any Leftovers?
If you have any chicken meatballs leftovers, you can use them to create a delicious chicken meatballs alfredo for a quick and delicious dinner recipe.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Juicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Marry Me Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Keto Chicken Meatballs
- Add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, onion, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix using your hands or a silicone spatula until everything is well combined.
- Roll each piece of meat into a ball using your hand(you can also use a cookie scoop), and place them on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs in a single layer, leaving space between them, and cook them for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy them with your favorite sauce or side dish.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: