Ready in 5 minutes and made from ingredients that you already have in your pantry, this delicious yum yum sauce perfectly completes your grilled meats, seafood, vegetables, and noodles.
As the name suggests, Yum Yum sauce is really a yummy sauce. If you’ve ever had a hibachi grill, I’m sure you’ve come across that incredibly delicious pink sauce that goes well with almost any dish. Well, this is the Yum Yum sauce.
The homemade version of this sauce is not only easy to make but also delicious and tastes even better than the store-bought version.
Trust me when I tell you that if you try this sugar-free yum yum Sauce, you will want to make it all the time. Also, if you are a fan of homemade sauces, I am sure that you will also like our Burger Sauce Recipe or Keto Ranch Sauce.
Why Are You Going To Love This Sauce
- It’s a healthier homemade version that tastes exactly like the original one.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Extremely easy to make. It’s ready in only 5 minutes.
- It’s perfectly sweet and creamy.
What Is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum Yum Sauce, also known as Pink Sauce, Sakura Sauce, Seafood Sauce, or Shrimp Sauce, is a popular Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse sauce that almost anyone orders. This pink Sauce is great paired with grilled meats, seafood, sushi, veggies, and even rice and noodles to elevate the flavor.
Is Yum Yum Sauce Keto-Friendly?
Regular yum yum sauce is not good for a keto diet since it’s made with sugar and other harmful ingredients. But fortunately, you can make a keto version of this sauce by replacing sugar with a naturally low-carb sweetener.
Ingredients For The Best 5 Minutes Yum Yum Sauce
I’m sure most of you already have all these ingredients in the kitchen, but you never thought that something so tasty would come out if you combined them. So here is everything you need:
- Mayonnaise – you can use Japanese mayo if you find it, but if you don’t, there is no problem because the regular one is just as good.
- Ketchup – use any ketchup you want; make sure that it is sugar-free. I like to use hot ketchup.
- Butter – the butter in this recipe gives that final touch to the Sauce, making it luxurious.
- Sweetener – sweetener helps to balance all tastes.
- Paprika – I like using smoked paprika for this sauce to give a more intense flavor.
- Garlic Powder – You can also use fresh garlic, but the powder mixes well in the sauce.
- Hot Sauce – if you are not a fan of spicy food, you can skip this ingredient, but trust me, that hot taste will not feel so strong; instead, it will pair perfectly with all the ingredients.
- Water – this ingredient is used for thinning.
How To Make This Delicious Yum Yum Sauce
I have never made a sauce that’s easier to make and delicious as this one. So here is everything you have to do:
- Measure all the ingredients and then add them to a bowl(except the water).
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until a smooth sauce forms.
- Now you can add the water depending on the consistency you want your sauce to have.
- Transfer your sauce to a jar and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours to enhance the flavors.
Equipment Needed To Make This Yum Yum Sauce
- A mixing bowl.
- A glass jar.
- A whisk.
- You can add onion powder for an intense taste.
- You can use some sriracha sauce instead of ketchup.
- Add rice vinegar.
- You can also add some red pepper chili flakes.
This sauce can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for ten days. Before you want to use it, mix it a little.
How To Serve This Yum Yum Sauce
You can serve this Yum Yum Sauce Recipe as a drizzle over hibachi-style stir-fry foods or use it as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables, seafood, and many other things. Here are our favorite ideas:
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does This Yum Yum Sauce Taste Like?
Yum Yum sauce is a creamy sauce with all three flavors, sweet, sour, and spicy, making it even more delicious.
Can I Make This Sauce Ahead Of Time?
Sure, especially because this Sauce is much more delicious after a few hours in the fridge to enhance the flavors.
Is This Sauce Freezer Friendly?
Unfortunately, this Sauce cannot be frozen because its texture and taste will change. But since it’s so easy to make, this is not a problem.
More Sauce Recipes
- Easy Fry Sauce Recipe
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Easy Burger Sauce Recipe
- Béchamel Sauce
- 10 Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
5 Minutes Yum Yum Sauce
- Add all ingredients except water to a bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- If the consistency of your sauce is different from how you want, add the water and mix until it reaches the right consistency.
- Store your sauce in the fridge in an airtight container to enhance the flavors until you are ready to serve it.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.