Learn how to make the best Broccoli Cauliflower Salad that’s both vibrant and nutritious. This quick and easy salad recipe offers a colorful blend of fresh ingredients, creating a perfect balance of flavors. With the crunch of broccoli and cauliflower and a luscious creamy dressing, it’s sure to be a hit at any BBQ. Everyone will surely love it!
Just like my Creamy Broccoli Salad, Grinder Salad, Cauliflower Potato Salad, and BLT Salad Recipe, this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a delightful symphony of flavors, offering a fresh and satisfying experience that’s perfect for any occasion.
Are you looking for the best side dish that’s both nourishing and bursting with flavors? Say hello to our sensational Cauliflower Broccoli Salad – a symphony of textures and tastes in every bite!
The best part about this salad is that no cooking step is involved, so it’s super easy to whip up a bowl of freshness. Say hello to our effortless recipe for Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, where simplicity meets deliciousness in every crunchy bite!
We love salad recipes because they are a celebration of vibrant ingredients, a burst of colors and flavors that elevate every meal, and this Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad is no exception, offering a delicious fusion of freshness and texture.
Why Are You Going To Love This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Loaded with delicious flavors.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to add your favorite seasoning or veggie to the salad.
- It can be paired with many types of dressings.
- It’s super easy to make in under 15 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- There is no cooking step involved.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can enjoy it as a side dish or even lunch.
You’ll be surprised to discover that you can prepare a highly delicious salad with broccoli and cauliflower salad with just a few easy ingredients that are super easy to find in almost any grocery store:
For The Salad Base
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets – use fresh cauliflower and broccoli that are vibrant in color and don’t have any noticeable brown or wilting spots.
- Red Onion – You can soak the sliced onions in cold water for about 10 minutes and then drain them to reduce the raw onions’ sharpness while retaining their flavor.
- Cranberries – use unsweetened cranberries to reduce the carbs amount.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use sharp cheddar for an extra flavorful kick.
For The Dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar – adds a zesty kick to dressings.
- Mayonnaise – you can use light or reduced-fat mayonnaise can be used as a healthier dressing option.
- Greek Yogurt – add creaminess and a tangy flavor to the dressing.
- Dijon Mustard – feel free to use your favorite type of mustard if you don’t like Dijon.
- Sweetener – used to balance the acidity in dressings.
- Water – used to achieve the desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper – to taste. Used to enhance all the flavors from the dressing.
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
So get ready to make a delicious broccoli cauliflower salad recipe that is easy to prepare and incredibly delicious. Follow these simple steps to enjoy this flavorful salad:
Prepare The Cauliflower and Broccoli Florets
Wash the broccoli and cauliflower under cold running water. Pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
Make The Dressing
Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, Dijon mustard, sweetener, and water until well combined.
Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the sweetness and tanginess according to your preference.
Assemble The Salad
In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower florets, then add the thinly sliced red onion, dried cranberries, and grated cheddar cheese.
Pour the prepared dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss the salad to coat the vegetables evenly with the dressing.
- Use fresh broccoli and cauliflower with vibrant colors and no signs of wilting or discoloration.
- Thoroughly wash the broccoli and cauliflower florets under cold running water to ensure that you remove any dirt or debris.
- You can blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets briefly in boiling water for around 2 minutes to give them a slight tenderness while retaining their crunch.
- Slice the red onion thinly for a pleasant crunch and mild onion flavor.
- Add some toasted nuts or seeds to provide a satisfying crunch and a protein boost.
- For a savory twist, add cooked and crumbled bacon or diced ham.
- You can add some sliced or chopped hard-boiled eggs for extra protein and a creamy texture to the salad.
- Creamy avocado chunks can add richness and healthy fats to the salad.
- Add a sprinkle of chili flakes or drizzle a little spicy mayo for a spicy kick.
- For added crunch, toss in some garlic or herb croutons.
- With protein such as pan-seared chicken breast, garlic butter steak, or pan seared pork chops.
- Enjoy this fresh salad with a savory salmon quiche or breakfast frittata.
- Use the salad as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
- You can also enjoy it as simple as it is for a quick lunch.
- Fridge: You can store this salad in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
If you’re not serving the salad immediately, store the dressing separately from the salad and mix them shortly before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Salad Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prepare the salad ahead of time. But it’s recommended to mix in the dressing just before serving to maintain the salad’s freshness and texture.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli And Cauliflower?
No, fresh broccoli and cauliflower are recommended for the best texture and flavor. Frozen vegetables might become too soft and watery when thawed.
Can I Make This Recipe With Another Type Of Dressing?
Certainly! You can make this recipe with a different type of dressing to suit your taste. Whether you prefer a creamy avocado ranch dressing, a ranch dressing, or a chunky blue cheese dressing, feel free to customize the dressing to your liking.
More Easy Salad Recipes
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 4 sliced bacon cooked
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower, then cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Make the creamy dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, and sweetener. Add water, starting with 1 tablespoon, to reach your preferred consistency. Season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper, giving it a final whisk to ensure everything is combined.2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp sweetener, ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp full-fat Greek yogurt, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1-2 tbsp water, Salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble the Salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Add the thinly sliced red onion, dried cranberries, and the grated cheddar cheese to the mix.3 cups broccoli florets, 3 cups cauliflower florets, 1/4 cup cranberries, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup red onion
- Toss: Drizzle your creamy dressing over the salad. Toss the ingredients to ensure they're all coated with the dressing.
- Serve: Top with extra cheddar and some crispy bacon bits.4 sliced bacon
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: