These easy keto waffles with coconut flour and cream cheese are extra fluffy, delicious, extremely easy to whip up, and only 3g net carbs each. Enjoy some tasty crispy waffles as your morning treat!
All my family members, including the little ones, love these coconut flour waffles and want me to make more of them. You know how some kids love their sweet treats in the morning, breakfast being the best opportunity to enjoy it.
I am thinking of making keto savory waffles to have for breakfast with bacon, eggs, and veggies. Just leave out the sweetener, add spices and top it with cheese and enjoy a special keto breakfast!
We are traveling, and we found an iron waffle maker our AirBnB. I instantly wanted to make a special breakfast because when traveling I like to keep things simple and enjoy low carb foods such as eggs, meats, vegetables, and cheese. I had this idea of making coconut flour waffles for a long time now and went to the nearest store and bought all the ingredients. It’s incredible how you can find low carb flours in almost any food store.
My favorite keto coconut flour pancakes were also a great option, but why not try something new and delicious? We bought all the ingredients we needed to make this recipe! I love traveling as much as I love cooking and enjoying this low carb breakfast on my vacation made everything perfect.
Coconut Flour Waffles Ingredients
These grain-free waffles are made with coconut flour instead of wheat flour, keto-approved sweetener instead of sugar and full-fat cream cheese.
The best part is that all the ingredients are easy to find and you may already have them in your kitchen:
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp baking powder
Adding high-quality vanilla extract and plenty of cinnamon really hits the spot, boosts the sweetness and cuts the aftertaste of most sweeteners.
Keep in mind that we don’t add any sugar, wheat flour and yet the waffles are perfect.
Probably one of the most amazing recipes I have ever shared with you. I know I’m probably exaggerating, but I am thrilled and I will definitely buy my self a waffle maker.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Waffles?
Making keto waffles is couldn’t be any easier. Let me show you how to make perfect fluffy low carb waffles:
- Beat the egg until fluffy, then mix in the melted butter, milk, sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon.
- Add cream cheese, coconut flour, baking powder and keep mixing until well incorporated.
- Allow the batter to sit for at least 5 minutes or until it gets thicker. The coconut flour will absorb tons of liquids.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the hot waffle maker to cook for 2-3 minutes.
PRO TIP: Throw all the ingredients in a high-power blender and in pulse for about 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
What about adding lemon juice and poppy seeds? That sounds incredibly delicious and will definitely be as good as my super easy 1 Minute Lemon Poppy Seed Keto Mug Cake.
How to Serve Coconut Flour Keto Waffles?
There are a lot of things you can do with your waffles, so don’t get trapped and think that they’re only good for breakfast. Depending on the toppings, they can be sweet or savory, super decadent or healthy.
Once you figure out the best way to serve, make them ahead of time, freeze the cream cheese waffles to have a treat ready anytime.
PS: I DESIGNED A KETO PROGRAM TO DELIVER YOU THE FAST RESULTS YOU WANT, REDUCE YOUR BODY FAT, IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH & ENERGY LEVELS. Lose 10-21lbs in the first month.
This recipe makes the perfect classic waffles that can be customized as you like.
Swapping ingredients might be tricky. I recommend keeping it safe and add add-ins such as chocolate chips or berries.
Toppings are another thing you don’t want to forget about. My favorite way to serve keto Belgian waffles is with sugar-free maple syrup, berries, whipped heavy cream, mascarpone cheese. They can be served plain, warm and topped with grass-fed butter along with a cup of unsweetened coffee or tea. Sounds good?
Tips for the Best Keto Waffles
- Try NOT to over mix the batter.
- Choose one of these sweeteners: Monk Fruit Sweetener (my favorite), Erythritol, or Swerve.
- If you want your waffles to be sweeter, add 1-2 extra tablespoons of sweetener.
- Preheat your waffle maker and grease well your waffle maker before adding the batter.
- Allow the batter to thicken up for a few minutes.
How to Store Low Carb Waffles Recipe?
You can freeze waffles individually and reheat in the waffle maker whenever you are craving them. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. So delicious!
Other Keto Breakfast Recipe You May Like
- Easy 5 minute Keto Oatmeal
- Breakfast Keto Egg Muffins
- Keto Granola Recipe
Easy Keto Waffles with Coconut Flour – Fluffy and Delicious
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, mix the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Add the melted butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and mix again.
- Stir in the softened cream cheese, coconut flour, baking powder.
- Let the waffle batter sit for 4-5 minutes so it gets a little thicker.
- Pour enough batter into the waffle maker to cook.
- Cook until golden and repeat until you have no mixture left.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.