One-pan cheesy garlic chicken bites, combined with nutritious broccoli and spinach, are cooked in under 20 minutes. This quick and flavorful chicken recipe not only satisfies your taste buds but also makes an excellent keto-friendly choice. Serve it alongside zoodles or pasta for a complete and satisfying meal!
So if you are looking for a healthy and flavorful dish to impress your family, this recipe it’s exactly what you need. Just imagine some tender chicken breast bites and crunchy broccoli smothered in a creamy, delicious sauce. Sounds delicious, right?
Whether you’re looking for a healthy and low-carb meal or want to indulge in a delicious dinner, this recipe will satisfy anyone’s taste.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Quick and Easy: With minimal preparation and cooking time, this satisfying meal is perfect for those hectic weekdays.
- Perfect for meal prep: Prepare a batch ahead of time and enjoy the convenience of having delicious, keto-friendly lunches or dinners ready to go throughout the week.
- Keto-Friendly: Made from naturally low-carb ingredients such as broccoli and spinach that add tons of nutrition to the dish.
- Versatile: Incorporate your favorite veggies such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, or eggplant.
- Family-friendly: Finding a chicken recipe that pleases everyone can be a challenge, but this keto garlic chicken is a true crowd-pleaser. With its flavorful combination of garlic-infused chicken and vibrant veggies, it’s a dish that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters in your family.
- Tender and juicy chicken breast bites coated in creamy garlic sauce.
Get ready to whip up a delectable garlic chicken with broccoli using just a handful of low-carb ingredients that are likely already stocked in your kitchen. Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast – you will need boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into equal pieces. You can also use chicken thighs.
- Olive Oil – feel free to replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Broccoli – You can use fresh or frozen but defrost first.
- Italian Seasoning – you can make it at home with this recipe or buy it from the store.
- Garlic Cloves – fresh garlic it’s the best choice for this recipe.
- Tomatoes – I used grape tomatoes cut in half, but you can also use your favorite type of tomatoes.
- Spinach – I used fresh spinach for this recipe, but if you’re using frozen spinach, make sure you thaw it completely and squeeze it well.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I recommend using freshly shredded mozzarella cheese to ensure it melts perfectly.
- Cream Cheese – you will need softened cream cheese to ensure good mixing.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. Used to enhance all the flavors.
How To Make This Garlic Chicken With Broccoli And Spinach
You will be surprised to see how easy making this chicken recipe is. Here is everything you have to do:
Prepare The Chicken
Start by cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, ensuring they are approximately equal in size for even cooking.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add the chopped chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until they turn golden and are fully cooked.
Add the minced garlic to the skillet and continue cooking for an additional minute until it becomes fragrant and releases its aromatic flavor.
Add The Vegetables
Now it’s time to add the chopped tomatoes and broccoli to the skillet.
Cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked through.
Once the broccoli is slightly tender, add the spinach, shredded cheese, and cream cheese.
Mix until well combined and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat, and for a final touch, garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley, which adds a pop of freshness and visual appeal.
Tips For Making The Best Garlic Chicken With Broccoli
- Use fresh ingredients. Fresh broccoli and spinach will enhance the flavor and texture of the dish much better than frozen ones.
- Cut the chicken breast into equal pieces to ensure they cook evenly and become golden brown.
- Make sure not to overcook the chicken. Otherwise will become too tough and dry.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan while cooking the chicken because it will not cook evenly.
- Get creative and make this dish your own by adding a personal touch. Feel free to add some chopped bell peppers or mushrooms.
- Don’t limit yourself to chicken breast! Switch it up by using chopped chicken thighs, steak strips, or succulent shrimp.
- Make a spicy dish by adding one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes.
- You can replace the shredded mozzarella with your favorite type of cheese as well.
- Fridge – You can store the leftovers of this garlic chicken recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
- Freezer – You can also store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To Reheat: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or stovetop.
When I make this recipe, I like enjoying it with a slice of my favorite keto bread, but if you want to make a complete meal, you can pair it with many other delicious side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Zucchini Noodles
- Cauliflower Rice
- Sauteed Eggplant
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Garlic Butter Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Vegetables
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Type Of Meat Instead Of Chicken Breast?
Definitely, you can use any chicken meat you want. For example, I used chicken breasts, but you can also make this recipe with chicken thighs. However, you need to know that the cooking time will increase.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can prepare this chicken recipe in advance and store it in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy it.
Can I Make This Recipe Dairy-Free?
Yes, you can prepare a dairy-free garlic chicken with broccoli recipe by replacing the cream cheese with the same amount of coconut cream, skipping the mozzarella cheese, or replacing it with a dairy-free version.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Healthy Chicken Detox Soup
- The BEST Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- Tex-Mex Chicken And Zucchini
- Marry Me Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Garlic Chicken with Broccoli and Spinach
- Begin by cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces of approximately equal size
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, ensuring they are well coated.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional minute, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Incorporate the chopped tomatoes and broccoli into the skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Next, add the spinach, shredded cheese, and cream cheese.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients and let it cook for an additional 2 minutes until the cheeses are melted and everything is well blended.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: