This keto chocolate peanut butter smoothie is the absolute best low carb drink. It’s extremely thick, creamy and ready in just 5 minutes. Tastes just like a peanut butter cup and it’s dairy-free, vegan and so refreshing!
A keto smoothie is usually the best way to start my morning. Sometimes this peanut butter smoothie helps me stay cool on hot days too. It requires no cooking; it’s filling and perfect for a chocolate lover like me.
Peanut Butter + Chocolate = The Best Combo. These two ingredients perfectly pair to make some delicious keto fat bombs, 4 ingredients peanut butter cups, and even a delicious keto peanut butter lava cake!
What’s your favorite chocolate + peanut butter keto dessert?
Watch us make this super easy keto smoothie that tastes divine:
Are Smoothies Keto?
You may know that smoothies aren’t keto, and most of them are made with fruits and have sugar added. That’s why you’ll need to try this keto chocolate milkshake that’s free from sugar and fruit, made from wholesome ingredients that are super nutritious.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Ingredients
To make this delicious low carb chocolate peanut butter shake you need only a few nutrient-dense ingredients. I bet you have most of them in your pantry right now because all of them are essential low carb ingredients:
- Cocoa Powder – Of course, choose unsweetened cocoa powder. Opt for a high-quality brand to get in all those antioxidants and maximum taste.
- Peanut Butter – In fact you can use any nut butter. Just make sure to chose a creamy one that has no sugar added. My other favorite nut butter to add to this smoothie are cashew butter (slightly higher in carbs but heavenly delicious), almond butter or macadamia nut butter.
- Coconut Milk – Use the canned one that’s higher in fat and extra creamy. Coconut is smooth and thick and adds a little bit of sweetness to this keto peanut butter smoothie.
- Sweetener – My favorite Sweetener is Powdered Erythritol because, to me, it doesn’t have any after taste and it’s low in carbs. Feel free to use Monk Fruit or a few Stevia Drops. Liquid stevia dissolves faster than erythritol making it a better choice in this keto smoothie recipe. Just choose your favorite sweetener and adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Ice Cubes
How to Make a Sugar-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Smoothies are undoubtedly the easiest recipe you can make. Just blend all the ingredients, and in 30 seconds you have a delicious keto drink to slurp on.
After all this “hard work” and all that blending, it’s time to adjust the sweetness. I’m a weirdo when it comes to sweetened drinks because I love my drink to taste at least sweet as possible. So, if you’re on the other side and want your low carb smoothie to be extra sweet add more sweetener. Just taste test it.
These are the main ingredients need in this smoothie. In the recipe card below, you can find all the measurements plus other things to add to take this chocolate peanut butter to the next level.
Toppings are vital for a perfect chocolate peanut butter smoothie. So don’t forget to add your favorites. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream, drizzle a sugar-free chocolate syrup, more peanut butter and even chunks of chocolate sound divine to me.
Breakfast Keto Smoothie or Snack?
To be honest, I love my smoothies anytime. Usually, I have a smoothie first thing in the morning because I am not a fan of heavy breakfast meals. My keto green detox smoothie is perfect for a quick morning energy boost too.
This delightful chocolate smoothie is perfect as a breakfast treat or as a snack on hot summer days.
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
Peanut Butter is usually low in carbs and high in fat, therefore accepted in a keto diet.
The suggested serving size of two tablespoons of 100% natural peanut butter provides 4 grams net carbs.
The best peanut butter for keto is the one that’s made entirely for peanut and has no sugar added.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
- 1-2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Full fat coconut milk or Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Water or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 2 tbsp Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum optional
- Pinch of Mineral Salt
- Optional: Cocoa Nibs: Whipped Cream, Chia Seeds, Ground Flaxseed, Collagen peptides. Peanut Butter, MCT oil, Mint Extract, Avocado.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.