With the weather getting so hot, I prefer to cook less, so today I am sharing with you one of my latest dessert obsession: keto cookie dough. It is a no-cook recipe, the cookie dough is sugar-free, contains, no grains and it’s 100% keto friendly. And the best part, it’s ready in less than 5 minutes.
Eating raw cookie dough is my biggest pleasure ever since I was a child. Whenever my grandmother was making cookies with sugar and tons of butter I sat there waiting for the perfect moment to steal a few cookie batter bites.
She told me that eating raw cookie dough can be dangerous, but I still loved it and I’m still alive, so I guess it wasn’t entirely true. I had to come up with a balanced edible keto cookie dough version of it.
Ingredients to make keto cookie dough
You’ll need a few ingredients to make this delicious keto dessert. You probably already have them in the house. So, what are you waiting for? Grab all the low carb ingredients and turn them into a delicious keto cookie dough. Here’s the list:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- keto sweetener
- butter or any nut butter or coconut oil*
- heavy whipping cream or coconut cream*
- vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
*substitutions for the vegan keto cookie dough
Video showing you exactly how to make the cookie dough
Instructions to make the keto cookie dough
The instructions for this recipe are so simple. All you that to do:
- Mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and salt.
- Combine in the butter of choice, heavy whipping cream or coconut cream, vanilla extract and mix well.
- If the batter is to dry add more unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk until desired consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces and roll into balls for an easier portion control
How many carbs are in each cookie dough bite?
I divided my batter into 16 equal pieces that came out to 2g net carbs each. Here’s a list of the full macros:
- 98 kcal
- 3g carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
- 2g net carbohydrates
- 2g protein
- 9g fat
Is this cookie dough recipe paleo?
The best part is that with a few twists you can turn it into a paleo approved recipe. Use coconut oil instead of the butter and replace the heavy whipping cream with coconut cream. With these alterations, the recipe is also vegan, so it’s great if you are trying a vegan high-fat keto diet.
Keto Cookie Dough Recipe - Sugar-free, paleo, vegan, low carb treat
- In a bowl mix the almond flour, coconut flour, the sweetener and a pinch.
- Add the butter, whipping cream, vanilla extract and mix well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add a few extra tablespoons of unsweetened milk if the dough is too dry or crumbly. The dough should be creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate bites with a spatula.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don't raise blood sugar.