This keto pumpkin spice latte is the definition of fall and the perfect drink for cold days. It is a coffee drink that’s very healthy, full of wholesome ingredients, creamy and delicious. Not to mention that this healthy pumpkin spice late is sugar-free, vegan and low carb.
During fall, while the weather starts to chill, I crave more and warmer comfort food. This beverage is my to go drink because it’s creamy and tastes exactly like a pumpkin pie. I perfect the homemade pumpkin late because the original has tons of unhealthy sugars and syrup.
I just took a look on their website, and I am in shock. A medium drink with 2% milk and whipping cream has 52g carbs from which 50 are sugar. That’s 20 teaspoons of sugar that you can drink in less than 5 minutes. My keto pumpkin spice latter has only 3g net carbs, therefore it’s keto approved.
I decided to share with you the keto pumpkin spice latte that I drink almost every day during fall. Around the Christmass time, I love to have tons of keto eggnog. But until then let’s enjoy fall and enjoy some lattes.
How to make a healthy keto pumpkin spice latte?
To show you exactly how I prepare my drink I filmed a step-by-step video to guide you. You’ll see that like most of my keto recipe that this one is no exception: it’s effortless to make. Watch to the video below to see exactly how I make it:
The ingredients for the keto pumpkin spice latte
If you want to make this perfect keto drink all you have to do is to gather a few ingredients, and in no time you’ll have a thick and creamy warm beverage. Here’s what you’ll need for two servings:
- 1 cup strong coffee or 2 espresso shots
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkins pie filling)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp keto sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream (optional)
The Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
I am a huge fan of homemade fresh pumpkin spice mix. It’s way more full of flavor. If you can’t find a pre-packaged pumpkin spice mix, these are the ingredients I use to make it. All you have to do is to mix the spice and store it in an airtight container.
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground clover
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
Keto Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte Tips:
- You can use any nut or seed milk in this recipe, such as almond, cashew, or flax! The only rule is to be unsweetened because we don’t want to add carbs to the drink.
- You can use pumpkin spice from the store, but make sure it has no sugar added. A teaspoon or two depending on your taste is enough to make the perfect keto fall drink.
- Make sure you are using 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. These two are usually close on the market’s shelves.
- Use a high-quality vanilla extract. It makes a huge difference making the homemade pumpkin spice latte taste more like the drinks from the big chains.
Healthy Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte - Vegan & Dairy-Free
- Prepare 1 cup strong coffee in your favorite way. If you have a coffee machine that's even better.
- In a pan over medium-high heat add the unsweetened almond milk, the pumpkin puree, and coconut cream. Stir well until warm.
- Add in 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, sweeteener of choice, vanilla extract. Stir well and bring to a boil. Be careful, so it doesn't boil over.
- Remove from heat and add the coffee. Mix well.
- Dived into two cups. Serve with heavy whipped cream and top with pumpkin spice mix.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don't raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.