This strawberry spinach salad recipe is a crowd-pleaser and makes a great side dish or delicious lunch. A simple poppy seed dressing pairs perfectly with fresh baby spinach, juicy strawberries, roasted pecans, and feta cheese. Make this easy spinach and strawberry salad in less than 10 minutes.
A staple in our kitchen, we make this spinach salad with strawberries super often this time of year. It’s one of those salad recipes I’m looking forward to making every time juicy ripe strawberries are back in season.
I absolutely love the strawberry season, and they are probably my favorite fruits. I love baking my keto strawberry bread, keto strawberry muffins, or making a delicious protein strawberry smoothie or strawberry mousse.
So why not share with you this classic strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing that I’m sure you’re going to love after just one bite.
With the weather starting to warm up, I no longer crave comforting foods like soups or stews, and I start craving fresh dishes like this easy strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing that’s effortless to make. Just gather all the ingredients, make the dressing, assemble the salad, and enjoy the perfect recipe for spinach strawberry salad.
Why Are You Going To Love This Strawberry Spinach Salad
- It’s an extremely easy and delicious recipe.
- Perfect for any occasion.
- Loaded with healthy ingredients such as baby spinach and strawberries.
- It’s extremely versatile. You can add your favorite toppings
Strawberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
You will be surprised to see that this recipe requires ingredients that are so simple and easy to find, especially in the summer season. Here is a note on the ingredients:
Strawberries and spinach are perfect together and the balsamic dressing really enhances the flavor. The acidity of the balsamic dressing balances the sweetness of the strawberries making this salad taste incredible.
Main Salad Ingredients
- Baby Spinach – My favorite to use, but a spring salad mix is perfect for this strawberry salad.
- Pecans – Definitely use roasted pecans for the best crunch and flavor.
- Red Onion – slice the onion super thin, and rinse with cold water for a milder taste.
- Strawberries – look for firm, ripe strawberries that smell amazing.
- Feta Cheese – buy a piece of fresh feta and crumble it. You can also replace it with your favorite cheese, such as goat cheese or burrata.
For The Poppy Seed Balsamic Dressing
To make the best poppy seed dressing recipe, you’ll need just a few basic ingredients:
- Balsamic Vinegar – feel free to substitute with red wine vinegar.
- Olive Oil – make sure that you are using high-quality olive oil. Avocado oil will work too.
- Poppy Seed
- Honey – add sweetness to the dressing. My keto friends, use sugar-free honey or low carb sweetener.
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Strawberry Spinach Salad
This spinach and strawberry salad recipe is extremely delicious, and you will be surprised to see how easy it is to make in just a few easy steps. Here is everything you have to do:
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a mason jar.
- Make the healthy spinach strawberry salad in a large bowl.
- Pour some dressing over the strawberries, spinach, and pecans, mix everything well and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve immediately and drizzle more dressing if desired.
- You can replace baby spinach with romaine salad, a mix of several greens, or arugula.
- Add some crumbled crispy bacon for an extra and smoky flavor.
- You can add some avocado for an extra taste and creaminess.
- Hazelnuts, cashews, or almonds are perfect for this strawberry salad.
- For some extra protein, add some grilled chicken breast.
- For a vegan strawberry spinach salad, omit the cheese or replace it with your favorite vegan cheese.
What Can We Serve Strawberry Salad?
The fresh flavor of this strawberry salad pairs well with many healthy main dishes. It is the perfect side dish for a barbecue party. Here are some great ideas:
Can I Make Strawberry Spinach Salad Ahead?
I prefer making my salads fresh as the salads usually get soggy super fast. However, you can make the dressing in advance and store it for a few days. Then, assemble the salad when ready to enjoy. It takes just a few minutes to make from scratch.
More Salad Recipes
Easy Spinach Strawberry Salad
For the Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans or toasted almond slices
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
For the Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey*
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Make the Poppy Seed Dressing: Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir well until incorporated. Alternatively, add all the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large salad bowl, add spinach, strawberries, and red onion. Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well. Taste and add more dressing if needed.
- Top the salad with crumbled feta cheese and pecans.
- Serve immediately, with more dressing if desired, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: