This keto 90 second bread recipe is one of the easiest keto bread recipes you can make in the microwave. It’s super easy to make almond flour or coconut flour 90-second bread that’s fluffy, delicious toasted in some butter. Perfect for sandwiches, and grilled cheese, and has only 3g net carbs per serving!
If you love bread, let me tell you that giving up carbs doesn’t mean cutting out your pleasure. I know it might seem challenging initially, but let me tell you that you can make keto-friendly bread that’s ready in under 2 minutes, fuss-free.
The 90 second keto bread with coconut flour or almond flour is completely grain-free, fluffy, keto, and low carb.
I’m a huge fan of testing keto recipes, and over the years, I wasted expensive ingredients such as almond flour, trying to create the perfect keto bread that has the closest texture and tastes exactly as the loaves of bread I used to eat before starting keto.
If you’re looking for an egg-free keto bread, I have the best recipe for you on the blog!
But, despite not being fully satisfied with the keto bread recipes online, I discovered the 90 second bread recipe. It sounds too good to be true that a simple 90 second microwavable low carb keto bread satisfies my craving for bread and has the best low carb bread texture.
Video Tutorial For Keto 90 Second Bread
Watch this quick video to see how easy it’s to make keto bread in just 90 seconds.
What is 90 Second Bread?
Keto 90 second bread is the best replacement for high-carb bread, made with low carb ingredients. This grain-free bread is ready in 90 seconds in a microwave. Basically, you combine all the ingredients and microwave them for 1 minute and a half to get an Atkins bread that’s perfectly keto-friendly.
I’m not sure what are the origins of this low carb microwave bread, but it surely refers to a wheat mug bread that’s not low carb. In the keto community, “90 second bread” means a low carb bread quickly cooked in the in the microwave.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a microwave, in the recipe card below, I provide instructions on how you can bake it in the oven and get similar results if not even better. Baked 90 seconds keto bread get a really nice crispy crust.
Ingredients and Substitutions
I’m so surprised by how simple and easy it’s to make the best keto bread that surprisingly tastes good.
This recipe is designed for a single serving of keto bread, requiring just a handful of ingredients. The best part? It takes a mere 90 seconds to prepare, meaning you can satisfy your craving for a low-carb sandwich in no time. It’s also perfect for creating delicious grilled cheese sandwiches that fit within your keto lifestyle.
Great for grilled cheese too!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this fluffy bread:
- Coconut flour – I love using coconut flour because it’s less expensive than almond flour, and you need a smaller quantity. Using any of these grain-free flours delivers tasty results.
- Butter – use coconut oil if you want to make a paleo dairy-free microwave bread.
- Eggs – help the batter bind together, giving the bread its desired structure and texture. It is recommended to use room-temperature large eggs in this recipe. While vegan egg replacements may not yield the same results, using eggs ensures the best outcome for this quick bread.
- Full-fat cream cheese – adds the creamiest taste. Replace with mascarpone cheese or coconut cream for dairy-free 90 seconds bread.
- Parmesan – or cheddar cheese, grated – optional but highly recommended.
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Baking powder – helps the bread rise and achieve a light and fluffy texture.
That’s how few ingredients you need to make 90 second bread with coconut flour or almond flour.
Additionally, if you want a sweeter-tasting bread, try adding some sugar-free sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit syrup.
You will love my Keto Mozzarella Muffins. Also, a super easy recipe to make and unquestionably tasty.
How to Make 90 Second Bread?
The instructions on how to make the keto bread are so simple to follow. I created a step by step video showing you exactly how to make it.
All you have to do to make the perfect low carb bread in only 90 seconds:
Making The Batter
In a bowl, simply mix all the ingredients: melted butter (or coconut oil), room-temperature egg, cream cheese, and parmesan (optional). Use a fork to make the process easier.
Then add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and seasonings and mix until you get a slightly thick batter.
Grease a microwave-safe bowl with butter or cooking spray and transfer the 90 second bread batter.
Use a microwave-safe mug that is big enough to hold your batter. That way you can avoid overflowing or spillage during the baking process.
Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it’s firm. If using an oven, bake for about 15 minutes.
Gently run a knife along the sides of mug, and flip the mug over a plate, allow the bread to cool for a few moments, and then slice to make 2-3 even slices.
A Secret Tip
Wait, that’s not all! Here comes the part that will make this 90-second keto bread appetizing.
In a pan, heat a tablespoon of butter and toast the keto bread on both sides, until it gets a nice crispy color. If your bread is slightly undercooked this step will get rid of the eggy taste and the texture will improve.
I’m now thinking of finding one of those silicone molds, shaped like a slice of bread. If you know where I can find something like this, let me know in the comments below!
Variations On The Recipe
- Add a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter for extra protein and flavor.
- Swap out the coconut flour with almond flour for a different texture and taste.
- Mix in some seeds or nuts like chia, flax, walnuts, or pecans for added crunch.
- Add some spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg to give it an extra kick.
- Experiment with different flavors of extracts like vanilla, almond, or orange.
How To Store
- Fridge: Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Just unwrap the bread and microwave for 30 seconds or until warm.
- Freezer: Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy your low carb treat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat for 30 seconds or until warm.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Overcooking: This can lead to a dense texture that doesn’t quite resemble traditional bread.
- My bread is crumbly when slicing: This happens when moisture evaporates during cooking, resulting in a dry texture that is difficult to slice neatly without crumbling. To prevent this, wrap your finished loaf with foil for 10 minutes before slicing to help retain moisture while cooling down before cutting into it.
- My bread has a strong eggy taste: Make sure to use room-temperature eggs or use only egg whites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Replace The Coconut Flour With Almond Flour?
The original recipe calls for three tablespoons of almond flour, which turned out excellent too, but it’s slightly higher in carbs and calories.
Yes, you can. Just replace the coconut flour with 3 tablespoons of almond flour.
If you want to make the recipe later, pin it on your Pinterest board.
How Does 90 Second Bread Taste?
The taste of 90-second bread can be described as subtly nutty and pleasantly sweet. The optional addition of grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese adds a delightful cheesy and salty taste, further enhancing the overall flavor. To remove the potential eggy taste, toast slices of 90 second bread in butter.
How Many Carbs Are in This Mug Bread?
The whole recipe with coconut has only 3g net carbs. To figure out the net carbs, all you have to do is to subtract the fiber from the total carbs.
- 286 calories
- 6g carbohydrates,
- 3g fiber
- 3g NET carbs
- 10g protein
- 24g fat
Is Keto Bread Suitable For People With Gluten Intolerance?
Yes, the 90 secondbread recipe is gluten-free and can be enjoyed by people with gluten intolerance because it’s made with low-carb ingredients such as almond flour or coconut flour instead of regular wheat flour;
Other Keto Bread Recipes You Can Try:
- Italian Herb Keto Bread • 2g Net Carbs
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread • Low-Carb Recipe
- The best carb-free bread replacement • Oopsie Bread
- Easy Keto Tortilla • Low Carb Naan Bread • Pliable, Egg-Free & 2g net carbs
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
- The Best Keto Bagels with Almond Flour
Easy Keto 90 Second Bread
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe greased bowl/mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it’s firm.
- Cut the keto bread in half, horizontally.
- In a skillet over mdeium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Toast the keto bread on each side until golden brown! Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.