These Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are incredibly crispy, juicy, and easy to make in just 30 minutes. The baked wings are seasoned with a blend of tangy lemon and lemon pepper seasoning, resulting in a mouthwatering combination of flavors.
This lemon pepper chicken wing recipe is a quick and easy dish that packs a punch of lemon flavor. Using only 6 ingredients, it can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Enjoy the delicious taste of lemon and black pepper on crispy chicken wings, ready in no time.
Learn how to make the best lemon pepper wings that are juicy and super crispy, thanks to a secret ingredient.
Perfect for game day, quick weeknight dinner, or as a party snack, these wings are sure to impress.
Whether baked, grilled, or fried, the crisp skin and juicy meat of the wings provide the perfect canvas for the bright and bold flavors of the lemon pepper seasoning.
As you can see, we are huge fans of chicken recipes, and I always like to try new and interesting recipes to serve for dinner to my loved ones.
That’s how I came across this lemon pepper chicken wing recipe, and it was a hit with my family! The result was super delicious. It has become a favorite in our household.
Alternatively, if lemon and chicken are not your preferred flavor, you can opt out of the lemon marinade and still enjoy crispy baked chicken wings that are just as tasty.
Why Are You Going To Love This Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
- Healthy: The wings can be baked in the oven, making them a healthier option compared to traditional fried wings
- Easy to make: The recipe is easy to prepare and requires only a few ingredients, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights.
- Super Versatile: These wings can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
- Crowd-pleaser: Lemon Pepper Chicken wings are loved by everyone, and this recipe has a unique twist that is sure to be a hit with guests.
- Make-ahead option: The wings can be marinated in advance and baked the next day to reduce the time spent in the kitchen.
- Customizable: The recipe can be easily modified to suit everyone’s tastes, for example, by adjusting the level of heat or the amount of lemon used.
- Budget-friendly: Chicken wings are affordable and perfect for feeding a hungry crowd.
Ingredients For Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
To make this delicious lemon pepper chicken wings recipe, you will need only a few readily available ingredients, which you may already have in your kitchen.
Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Chicken Wings – make sure you cut the wing tips. You can also use fresh or frozen wings. If you are using frozen wings, thaw them overnight in the fridge.
- Baking Powder – this is the secret ingredient from this recipe that helps to create that golden and crispy skin.
- Salt – to taste.
For The Lemon Pepper Sauce
- Butter – adds a buttery and rich flavor to the chicken wings. You can also use olive oil.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – I love making lemon pepper seasoning at home, but store-bought one is also a great option. Choose a high-quality seasoning that’s not too salty.
- Lemon Juice and Zest – add fresh flavor to the wings. Fresh lemon juice or bottled juice works here!
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic is the best to use, but garlic powder is also full of flavor.
- Salt – is used to enhance the flavors.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Once you see how easy it is to prepare these lemon pepper chicken wings at home, you will want to make them over and over again. So follow the next instructions and learn how to make the best lemon pepper wings:
Preheat The Oven
Start by preheating your oven at 400F/200C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
Prepare The Chicken Wings
Cut the tip of the wings with a sharp knife and store them to prepare some chicken stock.
Pat the wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This is important if you want that crispy skin when baking.
Add the chicken wings to a bowl and sprinkle with salt and baking powder. Toss until well combined.
Make The Lemon Pepper Sauce
Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, then add the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning and whisk until well combined.
Pour the lemon pepper butter sauce over the chicken wings and mix until each chicken wing is coated with sauce.
Arrange The Chicken Wings
Place an oven-safe cooling rack on the prepared baking sheet and arrange the chicken wings on top of the cooling rack by leaving some space between them.
Bake The Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Bake the chicken wings for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite side dish and lemon wedges.
Tips For Making The Best Lemon Pepper Wings
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a better flavor.
- Ensure you remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before cooking them.
- Serve the wings with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or avocado ranch dressing. Experiment with different sauces to find your favorite combination.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if your chicken wings are done baking. If the internal temperature reaches 165F, you will know they are done.
- Place the wings in a single layer, making sure they are not touching. Overcrowding the pan will result in steamed wings instead of crispy ones.
- Remove the wings from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and prevent the wings from drying out.
- Add some red pepper chilly flakes to make some spicier chicken wings.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese over the wings five minutes before they are ready.
- You can also add some garlic and onion powder for extra flavor.
If you serve these delicious lemon pepper wings as an entree instead of an appetizer, you can serve them with many delicious side dishes! Here are some great ideas:
- You can serve them with fries.
- They taste incredibly delicious, served with some Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.
- Make some Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and enjoy it with these crispy lemon pepper wings.
- You can also serve them with a salad. Wedge salad, cucumber salad, and greek salad are our favorites.
- Fridge: Let the chicken wings come at room temperature and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze: you can also freeze these baked lemon pepper wings for up to 3 months in freezer bags.Thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave before serving them.
Can You Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe?
Sure, you can also make these lemon pepper wings in the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F/ 200°C. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, run it empty for about 5 minutes.
- Season the wings.
- Transfer the wings to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the wings for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes or until they are crispy.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, seasoningsm and mix with lemon juice. Toss the wings in the lemon-butter mixture.
- Season with extra pepper and salt to taste, and garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Usually, I prefer to enjoy these lemon pepper chicken wings freshly baked, hot, and crispy. But if you are struggling with a busy day, you can make them ahead of time and reheat them for dinner.
More Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Easy Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/ 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Cut the chicken wing’s tips off and pat them dry.
- Add them to a large bowl and season with salt and baking powder. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the wings to the top of the rack and bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Prepare the lemon pepper sauce. Add the melted butter, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and salt to a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Remove the wings from the oven and pour the sauce over the chicken wings. Mix until well-coated.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, slices of lemon, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.