Make the best air fryer pork steak recipe that is super juicy, tender, and loaded with delicious flavors. Only 5 minutes of prep and 5 ingredients!
Cooked until perfection, these pork steaks are the best dinner recipe if you are looking for a simple and high-protein meal to enjoy with your family on a busy day.
Seasoned with a mix of homemade pork seasoning and then air-fried until juicy and crispy on the outside, these air fryer pork steaks are full of flavor and pair perfectly with many side dishes if you want to create a complete meal.
What is Pork Steak?
Pork steak is a cut of meat that is sliced from the shoulder region. It is a budget-friendly cut that is typically sliced into 1/2 to 1-inch thick slices and can be bone-in or boneless. It contains some fat marbling throughout that makes it super juicy.
Pork chops can be cooked in various ways, such as grilling for a smokey flavor, pan frying for a crispy exterior, or baking to make them super tender.
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Pork Steak
- Perfect for meal prep. You can make this recipe ahead of time for those busy days.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to use your favorite mixture of spices to season the meat.
- It’s a great dinner option for busy days.
- Super easy to make with only 5 minutes of prep.
- Fewer dishes – making cooking and clean-up a breeze.
- It’s a healthy recipe – air fryers use less oil than other cooking methods.
- It’s a versatile recipe.
Ingredients For This Air Fryer Pork Steak
You are going to love this air fryer pork steak recipe since it’s made from a few ingredients that are easy to find. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Pork Steak – I used boneless pork steak for this recipe. If you are using bone-in ones, you must adjust the cooking time and cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Select pork steaks that are 1 inch in thickness since they are less likely to be overcooked.
- Olive Oil – feel free to use any other vegetable oil you like. This ingredient will prevent the pork steak from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Pork Seasoning – you can make your own pork chop seasoning at home, but you can also get it from the store.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. Pay attention to the amount of salt you use since the pork seasoning might be quite salty.
How To Make This Air Fryer Pork Steak Recipe
Follow the next steps to make the best air fryer pork steak you have ever tried, and say goodbye to those dry and overcooked pork recipes.
Prepare The Pork Steaks
Remove the pork steaks from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. This step will help the meat cook evenly.
Next, pat the pork steak dry with a paper towel to ensure you will end up with some crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside pork steaks.
Brush the pork steaks with olive oil, then season generously with pork seasoning on both sides.
Preheat The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C for 5 minutes. Depending on the model you have it may take more or less to reach the right temperature.
Cook The Pork Steaks
Add the pork steak in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes flipping it halfway through or until the internal temperature of the meat is 145F/63C.
Remove the steaks from the air fryer and enjoy with your favorite side dish.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Pork Steaks
- Use high-quality ingredients. Buy fresh pork steaks with a little fat on the edges since the fat around the slice of meat ensures its tenderness.
- Use equal-thickness pork steaks. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- Use room-temperature steaks. Remove the pork steaks from the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking them to ensure they cook quickly and evenly.
- Let the cooked pork steaks rest. Set aside for a few minutes the cooked pork steaks before slicing and serving them to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Season the meat well. Ensure you season the pork steaks with enough seasoning mixture to create a nice brown crust and enhance their flavor.
- BBQ Air Fryer Pork Steaks – remove the steaks from the air fryer 2 minutes before it is ready and brush them with some homemade BBQ sauce, then cook them for 3 more minutes.
- Spicy Air Fryer Pork Steaks – add one tbsp of cayenne pepper to the seasoning mixture for extra heat.
- Mustard Air Fryer Pork Steaks – mix the pork seasoning mixture with 2 tbsp of mustard and olive oil, then brush the mixture all over the pork steaks.
- Use Another Seasoning. Feel free to use your favorite seasoning for these air fryer pork steaks. You can use only salt and pepper or a mix of dried herbs and paprika.
You can serve these juicy air fryer steaks with light side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Radishes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Homemade Ratatouille
- Fridge: You can store any air fryer steak leftover in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze these cooked pork steaks in an airtight freezer bag for up to two months.
To Reheat: you can reheat any leftovers in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pork Steak Vs. Pork Chops
Pork steak and pork chops are two types of cuts of pork from different parts of it.
Pork chops are leaner and have a milder taste, while pork steaks are fatties and more flavorful. However, both cuts of meat can be turned into delicious recipes if they are cooked properly.
How Long To Cook Pork Steaks In An Air Fryer?
Thick pork steaks take about 10 minutes to cook completely in the air fryer, while thin ones take 8-9 minutes.
However, you should cook the pork steaks until the internal temperature reaches at least 145F.
Can I Make This Recipe With Frozen Pork Steaks?
I don’t recommend cooking frozen pork steaks since they may end up cooked unevenly and won’t be as juicy and delicious as those from our recipe.
Do I Need To Preheat The Air Fryer Before Adding The Pork Steaks?
Yes, this is an important step when cooking air fryer pork steaks since it helps to ensure an even cooking and creates that crispy and delicious crust.
More Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops and Crispy Garlic Broccoli
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Chops with Super Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Juicy Pan-Seared Pork Chops
- Baked Barbeque Pork Belly
- Easy Pork Stew
Air Fryer Pork Steak
- Pat the pork steak dry with a paper towel and preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C for 5 minutes.
- Brush the pork steaks with olive oil, then season with pork seasoning on both sides.
- Add the pork steak to the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes flipping it halfway through.
- Remove the steaks from the air fryer and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: