Are you looking for the best keto St. Patrick’s Day Recipes to enjoy on this special day? What about so of the best hearty Irish recipes to cook for your family and friends. We’ve gathered over 20 keto St. Patrick’s Day recipes to bring the luck of the Irish.
If you are wondering what to eat or how to celebrate St. Patrick’s day you’ll find some of the most common foods served today.
What Is St. Patrick’s Day?
St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration day (every year on March 17) where people homage the Irish patron saint with some amazing parades, parties, and delicious food.
Irish families would typically attend the church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon on St. Patrick’s Day, which occurs during the Christian season of Lent.
Why Green Color?
In 1798, green became linked with Ireland and St. Patrick’s Day during the Irish Rebellion. Before that5, the color blue was associated with Ireland since it was frequently displayed in the royal court and on historic Irish flags.
On the other hand, Irish armies decided to wear green—the color contrasting with the red British uniforms—and sang “The Wearing of the Green” during the insurrection against Britain. This solidified the connection between Ireland and the color green.
Main Ingredients Used In Keto St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Meat: red meat, white meat, bacon, fish.
- Eggs: preferably eggs from chickens raised outdoors.
- Butter and sour cream: choose the best quality options.
- Cheese: Cheese should not be missing from your diet. You can eat any cheese: plain cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, etc.
- Healthy oils: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil.
- Vegetables with a low carbohydrate content: green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.