These Air Fryer Mushrooms are the best appetizer or side dish that pairs perfectly with almost any main dish. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this recipe for crispy air fryer mushrooms is easy, quick, and extremely flavorful.
So, learn how to make the best air fryer mushrooms recipe that requires only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep to surprise your family.
I’m a mushroom lover and enjoy them in so many forms from side dishes like stuffed mushrooms and sautéed mushrooms to main dishes like mushroom soup and portobello keto pizza; I think they give an excellent flavor to any dish and complete everything perfectly.
Trust me when I tell you that these air fryer mushrooms are one of the best side dishes you will ever try since you can serve them for dinner, lunch or even breakfast next to some waffles or an omelette.
I can definitely say it’s a must-have kitchen gadget. So, if you still don’t own an air fryer, I’m sure these air fryer recipes will make you get one soon.
- Reasons This Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe Is The Best
- Ingredients For Air Fryer Mushrooms
- How To Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
- The Best Air Fryer Mushrooms Tips And Variations
- Storing Ideas
- Serving Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Easy Mushrooms Recipes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
Reasons This Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe Is The Best
- Extremely quick and easy to make
- Super versatile – season mushrooms with your favorite fresh herbs and spices.
- Ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish
- It pairs perfectly with many main dishes.
- Super healthy, mushrooms are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Naturally gluten-free and low carb side dish recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Mushrooms
You’ll be surprised to see that you can prepare such a delicious side dish using just a few easy ingredients that you already have in your pantry. It turns out perfect every time. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Mushrooms – Brown cremini mushrooms or white button mushrooms are great for this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite type.
- Olive Oil – you can replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Soy Sauce – gives the mushrooms a salty and sweet taste and helps them caramelize.
- Rosemary – you can use either dried or fresh rosemary.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Parsley – to garnish.
How To Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
After seeing how easy it is to prepare this air fryer mushrooms recipe, you will want to make them anytime you need a quick and delicious side dish recipe. So, here are the instructions that you need to follow:
Start cleaning your mushrooms using paper towels. If the mushrooms are too dirty, wash them quickly and pat them dry to remove any moisture. Then, cut them in half or thick slices.
Add the sliced mushrooms to a large bowl, season with salt, pepper, soy sauce, and rosemary, and toss until well combined.
Air Fry Mushrooms
Transfer the seasoned mushrooms to an air fryer basket and cook them at 360F for 15 minutes. After every five minutes, check the Air Fryer basket, and shake it to check if the mushrooms are cooked.
Remove the mushrooms from the air fryer and serve them with your favorite main dish.
The Best Air Fryer Mushrooms Tips And Variations
- Cook in batches – Make sure you don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket, so the mushrooms have enough space to caramelize and cook evenly.
- Shake the air fryer basket occasionally to allow the mushrooms to caramelize perfectly.
- Make sure that you don’t overcook the mushrooms. Otherwise, they will become burned and dried.
- Feel free to add your favorite dried herbs instead of rosemary. Basil or oregano is also great for this recipe.
- You can also add some red pepper chili flakes for a spicy flavor.
- Add some smoked paprika for a smoky flavor.
- Try to make the size of the slices even so the mushrooms cook evenly.
- Fridge – You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – place the air fryer mushrooms in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight before reheating.
To Reheat: You can reheat mushroom leftovers in a skillet over medium-low heat or in the microwave.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be paired with many dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Monterey Chicken
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Roasted Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Sirloin Steak
- Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Turkey Breast
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Clean The Mushrooms?
If you want to avoid ending up with some watery mushrooms, I recommend not washing them but only cleaning them using a damp paper towel or a mushroom brush.
Are Mushrooms Keto?
Sure, mushrooms are great for a keto diet since, according to the USDA website, 1 cup (70g) of raw mushrooms provides:
- 2.28 grams carbs
- 0.7 grams fiber
- 0.2 grams of fat
- 2.16 grams of protein
Can I Air Fry Canned Mushrooms?
Yes, you can use canned mushrooms in the air fryer. Just drain the mushrooms and pat dry. Drizzle with olive oil and season to your taste. Continue cooking the mushrooms until crispy and shiny.
More Easy Mushrooms Recipes
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms – 15 Minute Side Dish
- The Best Sautéed Mushrooms With Garlic
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Start by cleaning the mushrooms using a damp paper towel to wipe off any dirt, and slice them in half or thick slices.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and rosemary to a large bowl. Mix until all the mushrooms are well coated.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the air fryer basket, and cook at 360F (180C) for 15 minutes.
- Check the air fryer basket every 5 minutes, and shake it to ensure that the mushrooms are cooking evenly.
- Remove them from the air fryer and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: