This keto pumpkin spice latte is the definition of fall and the perfect drink for cold days. It is a pumpkin-infused sugar-free coffee that’s ready in just 5 minutes, full of wholesome ingredients, creamy, and delicious.
This healthy pumpkin spice latte tastes like ones from coffee shops without carbs and dairy. You’ll never know that this is a paleo sugar-free pumpkin spice latte.
During fall, while the weather starts to chill, I crave warm comfort food. This beverage is my to-go drink because it’s creamy and tastes exactly like a pumpkin pie. To surprise you, even more, you can now find an incredibly tasty keto pumpkin pie recipe (+flaky crust included) that’s so easy to make and low carb.
- Reasons You’ll Love This Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Is Pumpkin Spice Latte Keto?
- Can I Drink Pumpkin Spice Latte on Keto?
- How To Order a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks
- Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- How to Make Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Keto Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte Tips:
- More Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Recipes:
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte – Vegan and Dairy-Free
Reasons You’ll Love This Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Loaded with fall flavors
- Smooth and creamy
- Naturally sweetened
- Low Carb and Incredibly delicious
Is Pumpkin Spice Latte Keto?
Regular pumpkin spice lattes from any coffee shop are NOT KETO. The classic Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte has tons of added sugars and unhealthy fats. I just took a look at their website, and I am shocked.
A medium drink with 2% milk and whipping cream has 52g carbs from which 50 are sugar. That’s 20 teaspoons of sugar that you can drink in less than 5 minutes.
This homemade keto pumpkin spice latte recipe is only 3g net carbs for a huge serving, therefore it’s keto-friendly.
I can’t wait for you to this pumpkin spice latte that I drink almost every day during fall. Around Christmas time, I love to have tons of keto eggnog. But until then let’s enjoy the fall season and warm up with a delicious latte.
To show you exactly how I prepare my sugar-free pumpkin spice drink, I filmed a step-by-step video to guide you.
By the way, if you enjoy this recipe, you can find more festive keto recipes, perfect for holidays in my new The Keto Holidays 40+ recipes e-cookbook.
Can I Drink Pumpkin Spice Latte on Keto?
Yes, it’s possible to drink a keto latte with pumpkin on a keto diet if you make it at home. Regular pumpkin caffe latte can be ordered with a few tweaks. Classic lattes are loaded with regular milk, sugar, and syrups.
The best part is that pumpkin is keto-friendly and perfect for so many keto fall recipes such as keto pumpkin cheesecake or my favorite low carb pumpkin bars.
How To Order a Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks
Although I love making my pumpkin spice latte at home, here’s how to order a keto latte at Starbucks:
In fact, you can order a keto-friendly latte at any coffee shop:
- Choose a base – Unsweetened Tall Americano is my to go whenever I want to order a coffee drink.
- Replace regular milk with unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream.
- Ask for sugar-free syrups – Sugar-free vanilla syrup, sugar-free cinnamon dolce, and one pump of pumpkin sauce make this drink taste just like fall.
- Choose a natural sweetener such as stevia or erythritol.
- Top with heavy whipping cream, or ask for light heavy cream.
This being said, if you want to order a pumpkin spice latte, this version comes at 7g net carbs and about 90 calories.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you want to make this perfect keto drink, all you have to do is gather a few ingredients, and in no time you’ll have a thick and creamy warm beverage. This healthy keto pumpkin spice latte is a lower-carb alternative using just a few easy ingredients:
- Strong brewed coffee or 2 espresso shots – Usually, lattes are made using espresso shots, but if you don’t have a coffee machine, strong coffee works wonderfully.
- Unsweetened almond milk – has less carbs than regular milk and adds an earthy flavor that complements all the spices in this healthy pumpkin spice latte.
- Pumpkin pie spice – contains all the spices needed to boost the flavors.
- Pumpkin puree – Make sure to get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling that’s loaded with sugar and carbs.
- coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- keto sweetener of choice
- vanilla extract
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
I am a huge fan of this homemade fresh pumpkin spice mix. It’s way flavorful and smells incredible.
If you can’t find a pre-packaged pumpkin spice mix, these are the ingredients I use to make it. All you have to do is to mix the spice and store it in an airtight container.
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground clover
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte?
You’ll see that, like most of my keto recipes that this one is no exception: it’s effortless to make.
- Start by adding all the ingredients into a small pot over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil and let the latte simmer for a few seconds to infuse with the pumpkin spices. Taste test and add more or less sweetener. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare your favorite strong coffee and mix with the hot PSL mixture.
- Serve the keto pumpkin spice latte topped with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin spice or cinnamon on top. It’s divine!
You can make a paleo pumpkin spice latte that’s dairy-free by using unsweetened almond or coconut cream. This low carb keto drink is extremely creamy and delicious.
Keto Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte Tips:
- You can use any nut or seed milk in this recipe, such as almond, cashew, or flax! The only rule is to be unsweetened because we don’t want to add carbs to the drink.
- You can use pumpkin spice from the store, but make sure it has no sugar added. A teaspoon or two depending on your taste is enough to make the perfect keto fall drink.
- Make sure you are using 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. These two are usually close on the market’s shelves.
- Use a high-quality vanilla extract. It makes a huge difference making the homemade pumpkin spice latte taste more like the drinks from the big chains.
More Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Recipes:
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Fluffy Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- The Ultimate No-Fail Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Thick and Fluffy Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte – Vegan and Dairy-Free
- Prepare one cup of strong coffee in your favorite way. If you have a coffee machine that's even better.
- In a pan over medium-high heat add the unsweetened almond milk, the pumpkin puree, and coconut cream. Stir well until warm.
- Add in 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, sweetener of choice, vanilla extract. Stir well and bring to a boil. Be careful, so it doesn't boil over.
- Remove from heat and add the coffee. Mix well.
- Pour the hot drink into two cups. Serve with heavy whipped cream and top with extra pumpkin spice.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: