This egg-free keto bread recipe it’s the most authentic bread replacement. It’s perfect for sandwiches or toasted and topped with butter. This keto bread without eggs needs only 7 ingredients and makes delicious bread at only 2g net carbs for a slice.
Are you tired of keto bread recipes that need tons of eggs and have an unpleasant eggy taste? Learn that it’s possible to make a delicious keto bread without eggs—the best low carb bread on the internet. You’ll find it hard to believe that it’s keto-friendly.
Over the last few weeks, tons of you asked how to make a keto bread that has no eggy taste. On my blog, you can find a few low carb bread recipes, including one of my famous recipe: 90-second bread. I also shared how to make keto bagels, keto bread, a delicious Italian Herb Bread, or almond flour buns.
Even though I give you all the tips on how to get rid of the eggy taste and most of you had real success making them, all these recipes need eggs.
It’s time to share a soft keto white bread that will save you from the nasty eggy taste in most keto bread recipes out there. This low carb white bread it’s excellent for French toast, grilled cheese, sandwiches and has zero eggy taste.
We can finally stop asking: “Does this keto bread taste eggy?”!
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make the egg-free keto bread.
Egg-Free Keto Bread Ingredients
Only 7 ingredients go into this recipe. Gather them all, and start baking!
- Almond flour
- Whey Protein Isolate – I tried various protein powders, and if you awnt to make sure that this recipe turns out, you can use my favorite from MYPROTEIN.
- Melted Butter or Olive Oil
- Warm Water
- Baking Powder
- Optional Toppings: Sesame Seeds, Flax seeds, Chia Seeds
How to Make the Keto White Bread without Eggs
It’s incredibly easy to make this keto bread. Just combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, transfer the dough to a loaf pan and bake for 25 minutes until it gets a nice golden crust.
Ever since the start of my keto blog, in 2015, I want to share only the best and tested keto recipes. I’m experimenting daily to give you all the tips and tricks on how to make the best keto recipes. The BEST KETO WHITE BREAD!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Get a large mixing bowl and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the melted butter and pour the warm water. Use a spatula to make the keto bread dough. Don’t over mix it!
- Transfer the dough to the baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven. You know it’s done if it looks golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Slice into 14-16 slices and enjoy!
- This bread can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Tip: If you get a batter that’s too thick, add more warm water until you get the same consistency as shown is the step-by-step recipe video!
What Protein Powder to Use?
To ensure the success of this high-protein bread it’s essential to use Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate.
- Isopure Low Carb Protein Powder – the one I used! This protein powder has zero carbs!
- Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
- Impact Whey Protein Isolate from MyProtein
Please note that it must be unflavored whey protein and soy protein won’t work!
What substitutions can I make in this recipe?
It’s essential to make this recipe as written. Substitutions are not allowed.
Don’t try using coconut flour instead of the flavorless protein powder or instead of almond flour. I tried them all, and it turned out stiff and tasted liked cardboard.
Just follow the written recipe and make sure you’re using the right pan size. I use a 9*5″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
How many carbs are in a slice of low carb bread?
A slice of this bread is:
- Calories: 145 kcal
- Fat: 10g
- Total Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs*: 1g
- Protein: 12g
*net carbs = Total Carbs – Fiber – Sugar Alcohols (if any)
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
- The Easiest Keto Zucchini Bread
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread
- Keto Flaxseed Bread
- Easy Keto Tortilla
The Best Keto Bread without Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C and line a 9×5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, whey protein isolate, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. You can sift all the ingredients for a better texture.
- Pour the melted butter over the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour the warm water and use a spatula to incorporate all the ingredients and make the bread dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until it looks golden, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool down on a cooling rack before slicing!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: