Are you new to grain-free baking and are looking for coconut flour recipes? Then, you’re in the right place! We’ve gathered over 25 coconut flour recipes that include breakfast, lunch, and even delicious coconut flour desserts.
Continue reading this article to discover more about this simple low carb gluten-free flour. Also, learn about the best coconut flour desserts like keto coconut flour cookies and keto pancakes, how much coconut flour to use, and how to use it for baking.
- What is Coconut Flour?
- Carbs in Coconut Flour
- Coconut Flour Vs. Almond Flour
- Is Coconut Flour Keto Friendly?
- What’s The Best Coconut Flour?
- Coconut flour Vs Shredded Coconut
- How Do You Use It in Baking?
- Why Use Coconut Flour
Coconut Flour Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Biscuits and Gravy – Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
- Keto Zucchini Muffins With Coconut Flour
- Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Savory Keto Muffins
- Savory Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Waffles – Easy Low Carb Waffles
- Easy Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes
- The Best Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Easy Keto Waffles with Coconut Flour – Fluffy and Delicious
Coconut Flour Lunch Recipes
- Paleo Coconut Flour Chicken Tenders (LOW CARB, KETO)
- Sausage Balls – Keto and Low Carb
- Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries
- Keto Coconut Shrimp – Low Carb
- Easy Low Carb Tortilla – Keto Naan Bread – Egg-Free & 2g net carbs
- Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
- Italian Herb Keto Bread – No Eggy Taste Low Carb Bread
- Coconut Flour Dinner Recipes
- Coconut Flour Desserts
- 25 Coconut Flour Recipes – Best Low Carb Coconut Flour Recipes
What is Coconut Flour?
Coconut flour is my favorite low carb flour to bake delicious keto goodies. This keto flour is made from the leftover coconut meat used in coconut milk production. Then it’s dried at a low temperature then ground. The fine texture of coconut flour resembles to wheat flour but has different properties.
The main characteristic of coconut flour is that it absorbs more liquids and moisture. I like that a bit of coconut flour goes a long way and acts like a sponge soaking eggs, oil, and liquid ingredients. Usually, the batter made with coconut flour looks thin, but it starts to thicken if you allow it to rest for a few minutes.
Carbs in Coconut Flour
A serving (¼ cup or 30 grams) of coconut flour has around 120 calories, 18 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of fiber. So, 1/4 cup of coconut flour has only 8 grams of net carbs.
Coconut Flour Vs. Almond Flour
There is no direct formula to swap almond flour for coconut flour since they have super different properties. However, 1/4 cup coconut flour can be used instead of 1 cup of almond flour.
Replacing almond flour with coconut flour might need an extra egg or almond milk to get the right consistency.
Is Coconut Flour Keto Friendly?
Coconut flour is an excellent keto flour and can be used to make delicious low-carb desserts, bread, and cakes. It’s loaded with fiber making it an excellent choice if you’re looking to eat fewer carbs. Coconut Flour is naturally gluten-free and incredibly absorbent.
What’s The Best Coconut Flour?
Most coconut flour brands work, although some might be more absorbent than others. That’s why you should always let the batter be made with coconut flour for 5-10 minutes to see if it needs more liquid.
Coconut flour Vs Shredded Coconut
When baking with coconut flour, one must not confuse coconut flour and dedicated coconut as they are not the same. The key different consists in texture. Shredded coconut is more flakey and contains some coconut oil, while coconut flour looks just like a fine powder.
How Do You Use It in Baking?
Coconut flour is a great gluten-free baking substitute. A little of this product goes a long way, so you may use less of it to achieve the same results as regular flour. Another advantage is that coconut flour is naturally sweet, making it ideal for use in baking.
Why Use Coconut Flour
- high in minerals, fiber, and MCTs, which may improve good blood sugar levels, digestion, and heart health.
- naturally high in fiber, protein, and healthy fat, plus it is gluten-free.
- low carb and high protein
Coconut Flour Breakfast Recipes
Keto Biscuits and Gravy – Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
Keto Zucchini Muffins With Coconut Flour
Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Savory Keto Muffins
Savory Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Waffles – Easy Low Carb Waffles
Easy Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes
The Best Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Coconut Flour Biscuits
Easy Keto Waffles with Coconut Flour – Fluffy and Delicious
Coconut Flour Lunch Recipes
Paleo Coconut Flour Chicken Tenders (LOW CARB, KETO)
Sausage Balls – Keto and Low Carb
Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries
Keto Coconut Shrimp – Low Carb
Easy Low Carb Tortilla – Keto Naan Bread – Egg-Free & 2g net carbs
Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
Italian Herb Keto Bread – No Eggy Taste Low Carb Bread
Coconut Flour Dinner Recipes
Coconut Flour Mini Keto Cheese Loaves (5 VARIATIONS)
Savory Keto Pie Crust
The Best Keto Chicken Nuggets
Easy Keto Salmon Quiche – Savory Low Carb Pie
Fat Head nachos
Coconut Flour Desserts
Keto Chocolate Muffins
Easy Keto Brownies with Coconut Flour – Fudgy & Delicious
Coconut Flour Cookies
Super Easy Keto Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Quick and Easy Dairy-Free Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake
25 Coconut Flour Recipes – Best Low Carb Coconut Flour Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until completely cooked. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: