This easy and vibrant spring mix salad is loaded with juicy blueberries, creamy feta cheese, and toasted almond flakes. Ready in only 10 minutes, this easy spring mix salad it’s a crowd-pleaser recipe perfect for a quick and refreshing lunch or served alongside your favorite main meal.
This easy spring mix salad recipe is the best choice if you want something light, fresh, and bursting with delicious flavors.
Celebrate this spring season by making this healthy spring mix salad using easy-to-find ingredients. Loaded with crisp greens, juicy fruit, and savory toppings, everyone in your family will love this spring salad.
I love salads since they are easy to make and super customizable. So whether we are talking about Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad, Greek Salad, Cucumber Salad, Big Mac Salad, or this easy spring salad mix, they are all the best choices and extremely delicious since you can make them according to your likes and pair them with many main dishes to create a complete meal.
What Is Spring Mix Salad?
Spring Mix Salad is a delicious salad made with a blend of various baby greens that are super tender. The mix usually includes a variety of greens such as arugula, spinach, radicchio, beet leaves, and lettuce. Some mixes may also include edible flowers or herbs like chives, parsley, or basil.
Spring Mix is commonly used as a base for salads, but it can also be used in sandwiches or wraps.
It can be served cold or warm, with many types of dressings and toppings, such as nuts, seeds, cheeses, and vinaigrettes.
Why Are You Going To Love This Spring Mix Salad Recipe
- It’s an extremely easy and delicious recipe.
- Ready in only 10 minutes.
- Perfect for any occasion.
- Loaded with healthy ingredients such as spring mix lettuce and strawberries.
- It’s a customizable recipe. You can add your favorite toppings.
- It’s a flavorful salad recipe perfect for the spring season.
Ingredients For Spring Mix Salad
To make the salad, simply follow the recipe for the Spring Mix Salad, and make a delicious dressing to combine all the flavors.
You can replace the Lemon Honey Dressing with a Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing to complement the flavors in the salad perfectly.
- Lemon Juice – feel free to substitute with balsamic vinegar.
- Olive Oil – use high-quality olive oil for the best results. You can also replace it with avocado oil.
- Lemon Zest – add a bright, citrusy flavor to the salad.
- Honey – add sweetness to the dressing and completes perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cucumbers – use fresh and crisp cucumbers for the best flavor.
- Spring Mix – feel free to use your favorite mix of spring lettuce.
- Blueberries and Strawberries – balance out some greens’ bitterness and add sweetness to the salad.
- Red Onion – white and yellow onions are also great for this recipe.
- Feta – try using the best quality feta cheese for an intense flavor.
- Almond Flakes – you can replace them with chopped walnuts, pecans, or sunflower seeds.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Spring Mix Salad
Making this spring mix salad is extremely easy to make. In fact, there is no cooking involved, and all you have to do is prepare the ingredients and mix them. Easy, right? Here is everything you need to do:
Make The Dressing
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
Prepare The Salad Ingredients
Wash and pat dry all the vegetables and fruits. Then slice them according to your likes.
Assemble The Salad
Place the spring mix lettuce into a large salad bowl, then add the blueberries, strawberries, red onion, and crumbled feta.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Top with almond flakes, and enjoy.
- Add some crumbled crispy bacon for an extra crunch and smoky flavor.
- Feel free to replace the cheese with blue cheese, mozzarella, or goat cheese.
- You can add chopped jalapenos if you like spicy food.
- You can add some avocado for creaminess and healthy fats.
- Roasted hazelnuts, cashews, or walnuts are perfect for this spring salad recipe.
- If you want to provide this salad with protein, add one cup of cooked chicken breast.
- For a spring salad mix, omit the cheese or replace it with your favorite vegan cheese.
- Make extra dressing: Simply double the recipe for the dressing and store it in the refrigerator. It’s super easy to whip up any salad if the dressing is prepared.
- If you’re serving your salad to a group of people, consider serving the dressing on the side. This allows everyone to customize the amount of dressing they prefer.
- To prevent the salad greens from getting soggy, it’s recommended to dress the salad right before serving.
How Can We Serve This Spring Salad?
Although I love enjoying this salad, simple as it is, its fresh flavor pairs well with many main dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Grilled Shrimp Skewer
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Chicken Skewers
- Roasted Air Fryer Whole Chicken
This spring salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I recommend storing the spring salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Just pour the dressing over the salad tight before serving for the best texture and flavor.
However, I recommend serving it fresh since vegetables and strawberries tend to become mushy after a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Spring Salad Ahead?
I like enjoying fresh salads since they usually get soggy fast once stored in the fridge. However, you can make the dressing in advance and store it for a few days. Then, assemble the salad when ready to enjoy. It takes only a few minutes to make from scratch.
Can I Use Another Type Of Dressing?
Sure. If you are not a fan of this dressing, you can easily replace it with another type of dressing, like balsamic vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
Is Spring Mix Salad Healthy?
Sure, a spring mix salad can be a delicious and healthy choice since it’s made of many greens and nutrient-dense vegetables, which are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
More Salad Recipes
- Big Mac Salad – Keto Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- BLT Salad Recipe
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
Spring Mix Salad
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp honey optional
For The Salad
- 1 package (5 oz) Spring mix
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- Make The Dressing. Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and fruits according to your likes.
- Place the spring mix lettuce into a large salad bowl, then add the blueberries, strawberries, red onion, and crumbled feta.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Top with almond flakes or walnuts, and enjoy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: