These stuffed zucchini boats are the perfect way to enjoy a delicious and fresh zucchini recipe. Zucchini boats are filled with a tasty beef meat sauce all covered in mozzarella cheese. This recipe has Italian flavors, the zucchini is tender and the meat is extremely flavorful.
My grandmother gifted me plenty of zucchini this year. I’m trying to use them in any possible until they go bad. I love making zucchini noodles and my loaf of Keto Zucchini Bread that is moist, sweet, and delicious. Some of the zucchini goes straight to my freezer, and it’s perfect for pasta sauces.
I love zucchini because it’s such a versatile vegetable and packed with tons of nutrients and fiber. My digestion has drastically improved since I’m eating zucchini almost every day.
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats?
- Start by making the zucchini boats. Slice each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the flesh creating a shell for the meat sauce.
- Season the zucchini with a blend of dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, and salt. Place the zucchini in the prepared baking pan.
- Prepare the simple meat sauce by cooking the ground beef along with the onion, red pepper, and garlic. Season well and add marinara sauce. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Assemble the zucchini boats by filling them with a few spoonfuls of the delicious beef mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake the stuffed zucchini boats into the preheated oven until perfection. The zucchini should be soft but still crisp and the cheese melty and bubbly.
Other Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
- Healthy Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters – 2g Net Carbs
- The Best Zucchini Lasagna – Keto & Low-Carb Recipe
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a large baking dish with cooking spray. Coat a large rectangular baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Half the zucchini lengthwise and carefully scoop out the pulp. Arrange the zucchini in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt, oregano, and rosemary. Alternatively, you can use Italian seasoning.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat add the oil and brown the ground beef, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Drain the excess fat and stir in marinara sauce. Season the beef sauce with salt and pepper. Cover and let it simmer at a lower temperature for 10 minutes.
- Fill each zucchini shell with the beef filling, then top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until zucchini is soft and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: