If you are looking for the best low-carb and keto recipes to make for Memorial Day weekend, look no further than this post. We’ve created a list with 30+ Low Carb Keto Memorial Day Recipes that are easy to make using a few simple ingredients.
So get ready to impress your guests and family this Memorial Day with one of the best keto and low-carb recipes. Starting from savory finger foods to main dishes and irresistible desserts, these recipes will surely please everyone and make your holiday gathering a hit while keeping your carb intake on track.
Treat yourself this memorial day with a feast of flavors without compromising your low-carb keto lifestyle. Whether you’re grilling up juicy steaks or want easy and quick desserts, this post has everything you need.
What Is Memorial Day?
Memorial Day is a national holiday in the United States celebrated on the last Monday of May, and it’s dedicated to remembering and honoring the men and women who have died while serving in the country’s armed forces.
On this day, people organize ceremonies, visit cemeteries, and hold events to pay tribute to the fallen soldiers. Also, they dedicate this day to spending time with families and friends and organizing outdoor activities and gatherings, marking the unofficial start of the summer season.
Common Ingredients In Memorial Day Recipes
- Protein: Grilled meats like steaks, beef burgers, chicken breasts, hot dogs, and ribs are among the most common recipes on a memorial day. Seafood such as salmon, shrimp, and tuna steaks are popular options.
- Fresh Ingredients: vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce, onions, avocados, bell peppers, corn, cucumbers, and various herbs are commonly used in salads, salsas, and toppings that perfectly match many main dishes.
- Dairy Products: Cheddar, American, Swiss, or pepper jack cheeses are popular cheese choices in burgers or topping sandwiches.
- Fruits: Berries like raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries are used to create refreshing salads, desserts, or fruit skewers.
The Best Keto Memorial Day Recipes
- Burgers: Like salt in the food, there is no memorial day without burgers. Made from high-quality ground beef, seasoned with your favorite spices, then grilled to perfection, burgers are one of the best dishes you can enjoy during memorial day.
- BBQ Ribs: Those tender and juicy BBQ ribs are a crowd-pleaser for anyone. You can marinate them in a flavorful BBQ sauce overnight and then grill or smoke them low and slow for a few hours.
- Grilled Chicken: if you are not a fan of beef or pork meat, you can marinate some chicken breast or drumsticks, then grill them until they are cooked and have a nice char.
- Coleslaw: made from shredded cabbage, carrots, and onion and mixed with a creamy mayo dressing, coleslaw is one of the best side dishes salad that pairs perfectly with any grilled meal.
- Strawberry Shortcake: one of the most loved recipes during Memorial Day, strawberry shortcake is a sweet treat made from fresh sweetened strawberries served with a fluffy biscuit or sponge cake and a dollop of whipped cream.