Are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen during hot summer days? Look no further! I’ve gathered over 30 easy and delicious light dinner recipes that are perfect for summer. From fresh salads to grilled chicken, these recipes are not only light and healthy but also quick to make.
You can enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian option or something with lean protein, there’s a recipe for everyone. So why not beat the heat and try out some of these mouth-watering summer recipes today?
In this post, you’ll discover a variety of recipes to suit any taste buds, ranging from salads and light soups to delectable chicken dishes. Perfect for health-conscious individuals who prioritize their weight and well-being, these light, healthy dinner ideas are simple to prepare and are sure to satisfy.
Maintaining a healthy diet can be a challenge for many, particularly during the summer when hectic schedules leave little time for cooking.
But this post will help you discover that you can enjoy some delicious light dinner recipes without struggling too much.
Light Ingredients That Are Good For Healthy Summer Recipes
- Vegetables – we all know that vegetables are one of the main ingredients that are light, healthy, and also extremely delicious. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, and tomatoes are a few examples of healthy ingredients that are great for light recipes.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, mint, cilantro, and parsley add flavor to any dish and are rich in antioxidants.
- Healthy Fats – Whether we are talking about light ingredients, you can also include some healthy fats in your recipes. Avocado, nuts, and olive oil are some great ideas.
- Lean Protein – chicken meat, fish, or turkey breast are among the best sources of lean protein to add to your light recipes.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilling veggies like zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and mushrooms bring out their natural sweetness and make for a great side dish.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds add crunch and healthy fats to salads and sides.
How To Make Easy Light Weeknight Dinners
- Focus on fresh produce: Use fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables as the main ingredients in your dishes. Not only are they nutritious, but they also add bright colors and refreshing flavors to your meals.
- Grill or roast your proteins: Grilling or roasting lean proteins like chicken, fish, or tofu is a healthy way to add flavor without adding extra fat. Plus, it’s a great excuse to enjoy the outdoors and the warmer weather.
- Experiment with salads: Salads don’t have to be boring. Mix and match different types of greens, add fruits or nuts for crunch, and toss with a homemade dressing for a light and flavorful meal.
- Use herbs and spices: Salads don’t have to be bland or boring. Try mixing things up by experimenting with different combinations of greens, fruits, nuts, and homemade dressings.
- Keep things simple: You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to make a delicious and healthy meal. Stick to simple recipes with a few key ingredients to save time and energy.
- Stay hydrated: Don’t forget to drink plenty of water or other hydrating beverages to keep your body cool and refreshed during the hot summer months.
Easy Shredded Chicken Tacos
Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled Chicken Salad
Sizzling Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe (20 minutes!)
Lemon Butter Chicken
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Chinese Lemon Chicken
Easy Chicken Piccata
Easy Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
Baked Chicken Legs
20 Minute Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Easy Grilled Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon
Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad
Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
Kale Caesar Salad With Cajun Shrimp
Greek Chicken Souvlaki Recipe With Tzatziki
Easy and Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Paleo & Keto Chicken Wraps
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Mediterranean Zucchini Boats
Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables
Keto Mexican Bowl
Low Carb Greek Chicken Bowl
Easy Keto Vegetable Soup – Seriously Good Low Carb Soup
Creamy Keto Tomato Soup
30+ Light Dinner Recipes For Summer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 sweet red pepper julienned
- 1/2 green pepper julienned
- 1/2 yellow pepper julienned
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp Fajita seasoning
- To prepare this tasty chicken fajita recipe, start by combining the chicken, fajita seasonings, 1 tbsp of oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss well to ensure the chicken is evenly coated with the seasoning mixture. Then, place the bowl in the refrigerator and let it marinate for around 30 minutes.
- Next, slice the onions and peppers into long strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the sliced peppers and onions and sauté them for 4-6 minutes until they’re slightly cooked, but still crisp-tender. Once done, remove the vegetables from the pan and keep them warm.
- Using the same skillet, cook the marinated chicken for 5-10 minutes or until it’s no longer pink. Add the cooked peppers and onions back into the pan, toss with the chicken, and cook for another 2 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Finally, serve the chicken fajita mixture over low-carb tortillas and top it with your favorite toppings such as salsa, sour cream, avocado, or any other toppings you prefer. Enjoy your healthy and delicious dinner!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: