If you follow a keto or a low carb diet, and want to make some amazing almond flour recipes, you’ve come to the right place. These almond flour recipes are some of the most popular low carb recipes that you can make at home. We’ve gathered over 25 almond flour recipes from breakfast to foolproof almond flour desserts.
Almond flour recipes are hard to top when it comes to gluten-free cooking and baking. However, this low-carb flour is an excellent choice for keto and paleo enthusiasts who want all the flavor and texture of regular recipes without the grains that can cause bloating and fuzzy feelings.
We also tell you everything you need to know about using almond flour as a great flour wheat substitute for the keto diet.
- What Is Almond Flour?
- Almond Flour or Almond Meal
- Can I Make Almond Flour At Home?
- Almond Flour Benefits
- Almond Flour Carbs
- Why Use Almond Flour While On a Keto Diet?
- What’s the Best Almond Flour?
- Almond Flour Vs. Wheat Flour
- Breakfast Almond Flour Recipes
- Almond Flour Snacks
- Almond Flour Main Dishes
- Almond Flour Bread
- Almond Flour Desserts
- 26+ Best Almond Flour Recipes
What Is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is made from ground almonds. Blanching almonds in hot water to remove the shells is followed by grinding and sifting them into a fine flour. It’s one of the most popular gluten-free flour used by so many keto dieters, and it’s a fantastic choice for celiacs.
Almond Flour or Almond Meal
Even though their names are frequently used interchangeably, almond flour and almond meal are different. Almond meal is made from raw unpeeled almonds compared to almond flour which is made from blanched peeled almonds.
I recommend using blanched almond flour in keto backing as it has a superfine texture, lighter color, and the final result is always super fluffy.
Can I Make Almond Flour At Home?
Yes, and in fact, people are increasingly producing their almond flour at home, which is cost-effective and incredibly handy. Making your almond flour is simple if you have a high-quality blender or food processor.
Simply process raw almonds using a blender until powdered almond flour is formed.
Almond Flour Benefits
- Almond flour has a considerably lower impact on blood sugar levels than refined grain flours due to its reduced carbohydrate, starch, and sugar content.
- Pure almond flour, on the other hand, is wheat and gluten-free. As a result, it is an excellent baking replacement for people avoiding or decreasing gluten consumption because it does not cause any of these stomach problems.
- When compared to regular grain flours, almond flour is a very healthy ingredient. Almond flour is a great source of vitamin E, manganese, copper, other vitamins and minerals, a lot of fat, and carbs.
Almond Flour Carbs
Almond flour is a low-carb flour and for one oz (28g) there are 5.6g of carbohydrates.
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Protein: 6.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
Why Use Almond Flour While On a Keto Diet?
- It’s gluten-free and has only 2g of net carbs per serving.
- perfect for making keto desserts.
- won’t kick you out of ketosis.
- perfect for a paleo or vegan diet.
What’s the Best Almond Flour?
I’ve been making tons of recipes using different brands of almond flour, so I can say that I really have experience with a few brands of almond flour.
But, by far, my favorite almond flour is from Wholesome Yum. It’s a super fine blanched almond flour that doesn’t have a super grainy or gritty texture. You can get a bag here and make tons of almond flour recipes.
Almond Flour Vs. Wheat Flour
- Unlike wheat flour, which consists of ground wheat kernels, almond flour is a fine blend of ground, ground almonds.
- Wheat flour is frequently overly processed, which can cause insulin levels to rise.
- Wheat flour is more neutral than almond flour, which has a nutty flavor that goes well with most pastries and pastries.
Breakfast Almond Flour Recipes
Keto Sheet Pan Pancakes
Keto Coffee Cake
Easy Keto Blueberry Bread – Low-Carb Recipe
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Almond Flour Snacks
Best Keto Tortilla Chips – Best Low Carb Tortilla Chips
3 Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
Crispy Parmesan Baked Zucchini Fries
Easy Seed Crackers Recipe
Edible Keto Cookie Dough
Almond Flour Main Dishes
The Best Low Carb Keto Salmon Patties Recipe – Ready in 20 minutes
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
Keto Crusted Buttery Chicken Casserole
Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe – Low Carb | Paleo | Gluten-free
Almond Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Almond Flour Bread
Keto Bagels with Almond Flour – 5 ingredients Keto Bread
Keto Almond Flour Bread
The Best Keto Bread Recipe
The Best Keto Bread without Eggs
Almond Flour Desserts
Almond Flour Cream Cheese Keto Crepes
Almond Flour Brownies
World’s Best Keto Blondies
The Best Fudgy Keto Brownies
Sugar Free Keto Snack Bars
The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – Only 2g carbs each
Keto Cake – The BEST Chocolate Recipe
26+ Best Almond Flour Recipes
- 2 cup blanched almond silvlered or whole
- Place the almonds into a high-speed blender and pulse a few times until the almonds are finely ground.
- Scrape the sides if needed and blend again.
- Transfer the homemade almond flour into a glass jar and store for up to one month.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: